Talk

Advanced search

is baby dolphin name already decided

(10 Posts)
haze36 Fri 07-Aug-09 11:15:36

forgive me if i am wrong but i looked through the different websites of discovery cove and wanted to see baby dolphin[the mummy is called coral] and they are asking people to vote for already chosen names of the calf which they say they will announce in august this has been up on the website for a while when the competition was active,and have the names ofroka,kallan,reef,amelia,lanikai and then saying they will announce which one of them is the chosen name i am confused has anyone else noticed this

haze36 Fri 07-Aug-09 11:18:58

it is slightly confusing,a lot of ladies have been dedicated to choosing some AMAZING names and it would be unfair if the names had already been decided.please advise me if i am wrong

haze36 Fri 07-Aug-09 12:53:46

jeanette jeanette jeanette well done 2 of your names have come up

haze36 Fri 07-Aug-09 15:40:04

im gonna vote for yours hunny

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 07-Aug-09 16:14:45

No, no, no! Don't worry - apparently there is a comp in the US on the Discovery Cove site running concurrently with ours but it's to name a different dolphin.

We will do our best to post the winner of our comp today, but quite a lot <wild understatement> of names to put in the hat.

[Goes off to suggest Dolphin baby name finder to other HQ bods]

haze36 Fri 07-Aug-09 20:01:29

so sorry just got carried away and excited that one of the ladies i thought got two names chose,i hope one of our ladies or me win.please accept my apologies

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 07-Aug-09 20:09:33

No worries

TwoHot Fri 07-Aug-09 21:48:35

Are the names literally going into a hat?

That sounds too easy!

jeanetteb672 Sat 08-Aug-09 07:48:04

swimming hat or sunhat is that ...
Just trying to add some humour whilst we all wait sooooo patiently in the meanwhile !!!

haze36 Sat 08-Aug-09 10:16:34

yes thats good to add some humour sorry if i got peolpe flapping good luck all xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now