Talk

Advanced search

CompsManager, can I ask a question?

(10 Posts)
jodee Mon 16-May-05 18:38:19

Is it always going to be a criteria of the competitions that we have to either submit a review or parenting tip? I never feel eligible to enter any more, and I would have liked to have given this week's competition a go but (a) I have run out of things to review (b) I don't feel I should be obliged to recommend a friend to join MN (lots of friends I have met via MN anyway) (c) I'm already subscribed so that cancels me out there.

There was a similar thread last year where Justine was going to look into an alternative to reviews, but there doesn't seem to have been a change.

Sorry to sound like a right misery but I have almost given up on looking at the comps because of the criteria for entering them.

katierocket Mon 16-May-05 18:39:17

agree

Mud Mon 16-May-05 18:39:31

they used caption competitions for a few but its back to the old boring routes of entry I'm afraid

hunkermunker Mon 16-May-05 18:39:32

Me too, Jodee... Not that I've sent all that many reviews...er, one, I think!

CompsManager Tue 17-May-05 18:41:45

hiya!!
sorry you feel put off, please do have a look at comps as we have some good ones coming up. I dont set entry enquirements but will let MNHQ know about your concerns and they'll come over.

Kayleigh Tue 17-May-05 18:44:37

another one nodding in agreement here...i only have so many parenting tips !

jodee Tue 17-May-05 20:23:00

Hi CM, thanks for replying. If you could mention it to HQ that would be great.

CompsManager Tue 17-May-05 21:14:58

np jodee! sent an email so sure someone will be over soon.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 18-May-05 14:17:32

Hi there,
Yes it's a valid point. It's a fine line because we need to keep the reviews as up to date and current as possible but we'll certainly have a think about other entry requirements for those who've exhausted their reviews/tips.
Thanks for your thoughts

PrettyCandles Wed 18-May-05 14:26:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: