Talk

Advanced search

Soooo yesterday i picked up my Mum of the Year award...

(17 Posts)
largeginandtonic Tue 26-May-09 19:37:06

It was fantastic!

I was ushered in to the VIP area set up in Regents park for National Families Week.

GeraldineMN came and found me hiding in the corner, well as hidden as you can be with 7 children, dh and the inlaws.

Geraldine introduced me very nicely, saying some of the lovely comments i had left on the MOTY thread. I then had to go up and collect the award and have pictures taken. It was terrifying. I managed to mumble a "Thank you very much" before legging it.

I was seleb spotting. As i stood in the queue for food i was surrounded! The lovely lady from 'A place in the sun' with her super cute children, Gail Porter and the very lovely Honey, Vanessa Feltz and one of her daughters (i think), that tiny one who used to be in Eastenders. You know the one who was married to Barry and friends with Biancaaaaaaaaaa. Anthony Worral Thompson, Sally Gunnel and Pauline Quirke.

I am sure there were many more names there but i am useless at recognising people blush

What i wanted to say to Vanessa Feltz was "Given up on the diet then love?" and "ooooh those cracked heels, Cod would not be happy" grin She was with a HUGE very good looking chap who kept squeezing her bottom. Of course i smiled and said nowt.

The tiny ex Eastender had the same boots on that i have from Faith and i wanted to ask her if she managed to get them in the sale like i did.

The very pretty Place in the Sun lady kept sweeping round looking stunning in a green dress. Her children were gorgeous!

Geraldine saw Tanya Byron when she popped for a wee.

DD said "Hi" to Anthony (she called him Anthony like he was her best friend grin)"I like your television programme" she said.

The children were up with the entertainer hogging the microphone singing various hits including Abba's 'Dancing Queen' and 'No more Purple Dinosaur'. Dd did an Old Macdonalds farm for the little ones. I think they should have paid them tbh, the singer had naff all to do in the end wink

It was HOT and i was very glad i opted for the skirt combo and not black linen trews.

Geraldine was super nice and made me feel very at ease. She looked incredibly nice and i LOVED her necklace.

The G&T in a can that the lovely TYG bought me in her picnic may have helped get me through the photos. grin

Dad of the year had a very sweet reading from one of his children read out. It was all about how fabulous he was, my children were loitering in the drinks tent eyeing up the free coke...

AbricotsSecs Tue 26-May-09 19:39:33

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Tue 26-May-09 19:40:20

tee hee! So glad that you had a nice day. Thank you for the report! And congrats XXX

rubyslippers Tue 26-May-09 19:40:54

sounds utterly fab!

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 26-May-09 19:42:14

Wow you had a fabulous day

Owls Tue 26-May-09 19:42:36

Great report. grin Congratulations btw!

largeginandtonic Tue 26-May-09 19:48:49

Thank you! It was good fun but very nerve wracking.

The Family of the Year were all tireless charity workers with lots of children who find time to finger knit for orphans in the evening... i was gobsmaked to even be in the same place as them!

AprilMeadow Tue 26-May-09 20:47:42

So pleased that you had a fab day out.

Where do we see these photos????

I would have loved to have been there to see you collect your award and see all the family. How lovely of TYG to bring the G&T.

grin

SKYTVADDICT Tue 26-May-09 21:16:38

Sounds fantastic. Glad you had a good time.

twelveyeargap Tue 26-May-09 22:54:36

What LG&T forgot to mention is that one of the DTs said when he spied the G&T, "Oooh gin and tonic! Can I have some? I LOVE gin and tonic." grin Not five minutes later her DD1 came back with some free sweets from the VIP tent and said, "I have only eaten sweets today."

Waaaaaahhhhaaaaaa! grin Both were obviously hidden in the nearest cupboard and sold to a passing Fagin-type. wink

LG&T looked gorgeous and all the children were so well behaved and more entertaining than the paid singer for sure.

Well done my lovely. x

Castiel Wed 27-May-09 13:23:05

grin TYG is such a grass. Oh to have been a fly on the wall. Pictures please...

Castiel Wed 27-May-09 13:24:23

LG&T, like for like. I want to know exactly how stunning TYG, bootcamp extraordinaire, is looking these days? Gossip please.

grin

Hark at you and dd, in with all the slebs.

I want to know if TYG wore those heels. grin

<<goes off to start finish her finger knitting>>

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 27-May-09 22:12:10

Oh HURRAH! Am soooooooo glad it all went well, spent me whole Bank Hol worried you'd be stuck for a parking place grin

(waves Mumsnet Mum of the Year pom poms)

largeginandtonic Mon 01-Jun-09 10:11:23

Apols have been awol. Off galavanting in fabulous hotel grin

TYG Shush, my children did NOT say any such thing < denial > grin

She looked impossibly glam (obv) black shorts and top. I stole borrowed her sun glasses for the pics!

The hotel was amazing. The suite had an upstairs! It was vast. The very posh dinner was out of this world.

Beau broke in to the mini bar twice! He managed to trough his way through £9 worth of Green and Blacks... the beast. The second morning he did it he hid in his bed so i could't see.

We took them swimming in the very, very nice indoor pool. I went for a facial, sauna, steam room. It was heavenly.

I cannot thank MN enough and especially the lovely AprilMeadow who made it possible at all!

smile

gringrin at Beau, learning from his big brother, obviously.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time, especially as dh is soon away again, you really do deserve it.

AprilMeadow Mon 01-Jun-09 14:14:52

Sounds like you had an amazing time, just what you needed before dh heads off.
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now