Talk

Advanced search

The book competition & adding book reviews

(16 Posts)
coppertop Fri 30-Jan-09 11:45:10

I added a book review today and noticed that when you click to add the review there is no longer a message about it now being checked by MNHQ etc. Instead there is just a big blank space.

Is this just one of the glitches of the new MN site? Has the book review been received?

Thanks.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 30-Jan-09 15:46:58

It's probably a glitch - post it in web stuff or use the contact mumsnet button to tell them

AlexiaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 30-Jan-09 16:09:11

Hi coppertop, i'm looking into this for, most likely a glitch in the new design

thanks for flagging it up

coppertop Fri 30-Jan-09 20:39:57

Thanks.

squilly Sat 31-Jan-09 11:45:15

Also, the link to the login page isn't working from the competition page.

And I couldn't log in from the top of the page log-in link too.

Maybe it was just me, but perhaps you might like to look at this??

Flamesparrow Sat 31-Jan-09 19:41:32

Squilly! - any chance you can stick your nose in the book circle thread and/or email Trillian - her book hasn't arrived and she wants to know what it was

squilly Sat 31-Jan-09 22:38:16

Hi Flamesparrow. Apologies for not getting back to you guys before now. I don't know why, I'd got it into my head that this thing was starting from end of Jan...so I hadn't sent it yet (I was going to last week, but viruses hit and we weren't great for human consumption).

I also hadn't received anything, which kind of validated what I thought. Should I have gotten a book through yet??

I'm forwarding mine on Monday, so fingers crossed, I can sort things out then. Hopefully I won't have caused too many problems.

Regards

Sue

Flamesparrow Sat 31-Jan-09 22:48:03

Argh - will go track down korma, she should have sent to you weeks ago. Will all sort itself out, tis no problem Hope you're feeling better

Flamesparrow Sat 31-Jan-09 23:01:41

Twas a posting error - should be winging its way to you soon

Hulababy Sun 01-Feb-09 17:54:35

I have tried adding a review but when I press submit it goes to a blank page, with just the MN headers. No message, etc. Is it going through or not?

roisin Tue 03-Feb-09 21:45:07

I posted a stack of reviews over the weekend, but as others have mentioned I just got the blank page, not the message about it being checked by MNHQ.

Are they going through or not? I don't want to spend time doing any more if there's a glitch in the system and they are disappearing into the ether!

roisin Wed 04-Feb-09 18:51:37

bump.
Does anyone know?

JulesJules Thu 05-Feb-09 17:32:56

I tried to post reviews today, for DVDs and Gifts for Mum - and had the same trouble. Have my reviews got through or not? Will I be entered into the competitions or not??

Should I post the reviews again?

JulesJules Thu 05-Feb-09 20:08:49

bump!

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Feb-09 10:19:40

Hi all - as Alexia said, techs are looking into this and we're sorry for the confusion this has caused. I should point out that when reviews are first sent in, they don't automatically go live. They go into a central pool and are checked, images added/edited etc before they go live. If it's been a particularly busy week and there's tons of reviews sent in there can be a bit of delay here. We're working on this and hopefully within the next few weeks this won't be the case. We'll keep you posted on any technical glitches that we find later today and let you know if we change any entry requirements for this week's comps.

roisin Wed 18-Feb-09 17:22:41

Is there any update on this? What happened to our reviews? What happened to the competition?
Thanks,

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »