Talk

Advanced search

BBC Children in Need Igglepiggle outfit design competition

(60 Posts)
GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Nov-08 14:11:49

Pudsey is challenging you (or your kids) to design a new outfit or accessories (!) for Igglepiggle from In the Night Garden.

The winner and nine runners-up will win heaps of In the Night Garden goodies, but the winning design will also be auctioned on eBay (the raising money for children bit). You can bid for celebrities' Igglepiggle designs on eBay on Friday 7 November and for the winning Mumsnet design on Wednesday 12 November.

Details of how to submit your design and the Igglepiggle template are here.

Maximum one entry per person and the closing date is 10am on Monday 10 November.

Koshka Tue 04-Nov-08 14:29:59

would love to, however no printer or scanner!

very jealous of whoever wims this.

Good Luck!!

filz Tue 04-Nov-08 14:32:52

what like nipple tassels and crotchless pants?

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Nov-08 15:06:36

You can copy the igglepiggle template on to A3 paper and post your design to the address on the link if you don't have scanner.

StretchMarkCatherineWheelQueen Tue 04-Nov-08 16:12:32

PMSL!!

samsonara Tue 04-Nov-08 16:29:04

I've been to the library to print out the template, it is A3 size , but I had to get it done on A4, as the printer doesn't take larger paper, so the blanket area is quite small but ok, do you think it matters?

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Nov-08 16:35:34

I'm sure it'll be OK.

samsonara Tue 04-Nov-08 16:41:56

Thanks,I hope so as I don't fancy tracking down a place with a bigger photocopier to do an enlargement copy onto A3 as some don't do the colour copy at that size.

AmIWhatAndWhy Tue 04-Nov-08 17:59:07

Can we ahem, help, the DC with this. Mine are only small so I'm so worried they won't be dexterous enough to get their 'vision' just right.

AmIWhatAndWhy Tue 04-Nov-08 18:01:03

Why is it A3?

filz Tue 04-Nov-08 18:31:29

igglepiggle ina gimp mask and chain?

eclectech Tue 04-Nov-08 20:38:35

I deeply, deeply, deeply shouldn't have gone to look at the picture. I go off on a tangent too easily.
Sorry. I think I need to go back to the drawing board.

zephyrcat Tue 04-Nov-08 21:09:40

Is it meant to be done by adults or kids? I know it says either but the adult ones will possibly be better than the kids?! Also, where can you get A3 prints done?

whomovedmychocolate Tue 04-Nov-08 23:14:30

Why oh why does everyone think of S&M when they think of Iggle Piggle? grin

I find Iggle Piggle quite sinister tbh hmm He reminds me of Lurch from the Adams Family

StretchMarkCatherineWheelQueen Tue 04-Nov-08 23:36:23

Is that the one with the wank blanket?? grin

whomovedmychocolate Tue 04-Nov-08 23:52:13

Ooh I've done one....what fun!

whomovedmychocolate Wed 05-Nov-08 00:15:05

Please tell me I'm not the only person who has bothered to enter? blush

filz Wed 05-Nov-08 08:25:17

have you seen the episode where he wet farts all over his blanket?

BexieID Wed 05-Nov-08 08:51:44

wmmc - no, you're the only one to admit you've entered!

I probably won't because my printer is on the blink (due to Tom shoving pens in it) and I daren't ask DP to print me off one at work.

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Nov-08 09:09:27

A3 was the template Children in Need supplied. I'll double check about the size and whether it's fine just to do A4. And, yes, it's open to anyone ie children or adults.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 05-Nov-08 12:25:20

Hi Geraldine - I've entered by email - but with the limitation on file size there is no way you'd be able to print it at A3! Just not doable without it being absolutely shocking resolution!

But of course I have a high res version of my ahem artwork muwhahahhahahahh which I'll probably post online at some point to scare small children!

whomovedmychocolate Wed 05-Nov-08 12:26:00

BTW Cbeebies always recommend A3 as a standard size for the birthday cards which is prob why they want this A3. Mine is deffo not suitable to show on cbeebies grin

grumpalumpa Wed 05-Nov-08 22:28:41

erm quick question but if i am were blush going to post what would I need to include??? Obviously igglepiggle but do I put my mumsnet name and home address or just email addy or real life name??
The kids have had a whale of a time doing this but really don't think anyone would 'buy' it!! Not even out of mother love!!!! grin

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Nov-08 13:46:00

grumpalumpa, I will find out and post asap and whomovedmychocolate thanks for info about file size

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Nov-08 14:23:49

if you're posting your design, can you include your MN nickname and your email address.
thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »