Talk

Advanced search

Win win win! A fab day trip to see Santa in Lapland

(51 Posts)
OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-07 15:00:14

That's right, I know it's early to mention <whispers> Christmas but we couldn't pass up the opportunity to offer you a chance to go to Santa's Winter Wonderland.
And if you're not lucky, you can still save money on taking the trip.
Details are here.

Good Luck
MNHQ

saltire Fri 05-Oct-07 15:13:49

What though is the point in having a holiday for 2. What about those of us with 2 children, or 3 or 4! No way could I decide which child I was taking, even though they are 9 and 7

AbbyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-07 15:25:02

We know that this might present a dilemma for some - but we thought it was better to have the competition than not at all. We've had other comp's that have been for one adult and one child, so we decided to go with it. We have also arranged it so that the winner can choose to take other family members at a discounted rate, if they want. Not perfect, we know - but still a prize worth winning, we think.

MarsLady Fri 05-Oct-07 15:27:13

Sigh................ those of us with 5+ stand no chance.

Abby......... it's time to get yourself out there and get some prizes (that I can win) for bigger families! Off you pop! wink

AbbyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-07 15:32:08

We'll see what we can do. Every comp' like this invariably comes with a limit as to how many people can go - be it a family of four, whatever. It's the case with pretty much every comp I see in newspapers, mag's etc - unless it's, say, win a week's villa hire, but pay your own flights.

MarsLady Fri 05-Oct-07 15:34:51

Now.... win a villa, discounted flights........... How do I win? grin

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-07 15:35:40

Ahem, Mars - we have just had this one for ten people!
<adds this request to list of prizes to source along with shoes for people with smaller feet and something for overseas MNers>
We'll see what we can do. <winning smile>

MarsLady Fri 05-Oct-07 15:36:38

But..............sob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always...mostly............ enter and I never win. [wracking sobs]

frumpygrumpy Fri 05-Oct-07 15:36:42

Mars, if you win, ditch your children, I'll go with you. I have the skin of a 34 year old, surely I look young enough to be one of yours non? grin

MarsLady Fri 05-Oct-07 15:43:37

shock

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-07 15:46:03

<proffers tissues to Mars> There there. Now then, if you always enter, you're bound to win eventually!!
Off you go and add an entry to this week's comp, you never know your luck!
grin

MarsLady Fri 05-Oct-07 15:49:08

Sniff! Sniff! Thank you........hic.......... for the............hic......... tissues![weak smile]

I've entered a review to see if I can win some shoes. Now if that were possible before the wedding I'm going to on the 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [hopeful grin]

<<Mars goes away thinking up 1,000 reviews, tips and listings to be sure of winning the family villa in the Cayman Islands>> grin

MrsWeasley Fri 05-Oct-07 15:55:19

I recently won a comp for me and 1 child (I have 4) and it was fine. The kids were all on their best behaviour for a week to "win" the place! LOL In the end it was decided fairly! now I would be happy to go through this experience again if I win this prize grin <<fingers crossed smiley>>

gringringringringringrin

serious question time for MNHQ: if my name did get selected would the "powers" select another one becuase I have already won a big one recently? not trying to cause an argument just thinking aloud! grin

TheDuchessOfCorpseBride Fri 05-Oct-07 16:04:24

Big family prizes. Yes yes yes. Like a shiny Landrover Discovery that seats 7. And you can only enter the competition if you live in my house.

TheMuppetMuggle Fri 05-Oct-07 16:05:40

ohh Lapland i think i'd have more fun than DD grin

MarsLady Fri 05-Oct-07 16:06:30

<<Mars moves lock stock and barrel to the Duchess' pad!>>

Sidge Fri 05-Oct-07 16:16:40

I've added a local listing but how do I then confirm that I am entered in the competition??

(cos I reeeealllyyy want to meet Father Christmas grin)

unknownrebelbang Fri 05-Oct-07 16:19:10

Aw, this would be perfect for DS3, as both DS1 and DS2 both went to Sweden earlier in the year with DH, so it's mine and DS3's turn.

Wouldn't that be fab?

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-07 16:27:08

Sidge- all reviews are automatically entered into any running competitions.
MrsWeasley - winners are drawn at random.
HTH
Olivia
MNHQ

daisyandbabybootoo Fri 05-Oct-07 17:06:03

Are you only entered once, or do 6 listings = 6 entries?

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-07 17:33:05

Daisy- each review/entry onto local is an entry into the comp
Best of luck

daisyandbabybootoo Fri 05-Oct-07 19:08:35

<daisy prepares to spend all Saturday copying the Yellow Pages onto MN local> grin

Sidge Fri 05-Oct-07 19:57:14

<Sidge budges up Daisy and asks to borrow her Yellow Pages...>

daisyandbabybootoo Fri 05-Oct-07 20:26:26

grin

Bink Fri 05-Oct-07 21:05:08

Right, have done one (a listing).
It takes quite a while, doesn't it? I can see why incentive of competition is a bit needed.

On to number two.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »