Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet is it really true that ONE mumsnetter will win all TEN theme park trips? If so, is there a reason why there can't be TEN prizewinners all winning ONE trip?

(27 Posts)
tigermoth Sun 23-Sep-07 16:36:36

10 theme park trips in 12 months sounds awesomely exhausting!

roisin Sun 23-Sep-07 16:40:31

I agree actually Tigermoth! Dh would kill me if I won this prize - he doesn't like theme parks at the best of times. Come to think of it the boys aren't crazy about them either...

But I love rollercoasters grin
Hmm... Off to post another tip - this one's mine!

Spidermama Sun 23-Sep-07 16:41:58

It would be great because you could give your tickets to friends and all go together.

tigermoth Sun 23-Sep-07 17:16:05

Best of luck, Roisin. Mind you, if you won and your dh did actually do that, just imagine the newspaper headlines!

That's a thought, spidermama, but I don't know if you are 'allowed' to visit just the one theme park in a large group.

Also, not meaning to carp but Hilton hotels (and some theme parks, come to that) are not exactly cheap places for buying meals and drinks for a family of four.

Having bed and breakfast included is in the prize is lovely (and I can vouch for the lavishness of a Hilton Hotel breakfast) but what about paying for all the other incidental snacks and drinks? You could hardly turn up at your hotel loaded with picnic stuff for the day out....

Not a problem for us if we won just the single theme park trip, but multiply that by ten in a single year and that's quite a heftly theme park/hotel snack bill...

Off topic but what happened to all the mumsnetters who won German theme park trips earlier this summer? How did it go?

I would love to win one trip, but ten is a bit much even for fun-loving old me

Nbg Sun 23-Sep-07 17:24:16

I won one of the Europa park trips to Germany and it was fab.

Yes it was a pita having to buy food there because like all theme parks, they charge top whack because you have no other alternative.

But the trip more than made up for it.

JeremyVile Sun 23-Sep-07 17:26:12

I dont think its 10 seperate trips is it?
Isn't it 10 tickets - you would go as a group of 10?

tigermoth Sun 23-Sep-07 19:11:32

Well I read it as 10 separate trips witht the idea being you can do all the main uk theme parks in one year.

Team mumnset please can you explain?

tigermoth Sun 23-Sep-07 19:12:34

nbg, your trip sounded really good, but I thought you were the mumsnetter who couldn't go on the given dates.

cleaninglady Sun 23-Sep-07 19:34:04

I won one of the Europa Park trips as well - it was fab and we loved it!! although quite a long day at the park itself and dd (5) and ds (3) got v tired so we did leave earlier than planned to go back to the hotel! everything was so well organised and on time - cant recommend it highly enough!

WideWebWitch Sun 23-Sep-07 19:35:29

It does sound mad

BBBee Sun 23-Sep-07 19:36:53

I won one of the europa park trips too and we ADORED it - we had simply the best time ever. I did a huge ranting thread about it when I came back and my children still talk baout it most days.

I was brilliant and completely wonderful.

I thought the same about the theme park thing as well. I guess the plan is if you win them all you don;t end up using them before they go out of date and they save money maybe?

BBBee Sun 23-Sep-07 19:38:03

I am really cynicalk and horrible and do not deserve to win any more prizes ever. Obviously.

tigermoth Sun 23-Sep-07 20:06:21

BBBeee I think I've scuppered any chance of me winning this competition, anyway

envy all you people who went to Europa

1dilemma Sun 23-Sep-07 20:19:43

I said this yesterday on the other thread think this is a good idea, who needs 10 trips in one year? Share the good fortune around make more people happy! grin

tigermoth Tue 25-Sep-07 13:58:21

still wondering!

Olivia is there really just the one big prize?

Nbg Tue 25-Sep-07 14:05:42

BBBee, I won the london hotel comp a couple of weeks after we cam eback from Europa grin

tigermoth, wasnt me but there was a panic at first because none of us had passports grin

Blu Tue 25-Sep-07 14:10:53

Well, I guess people who don't want the prize need not enter....if I win, i will share out more than half the weekends to other people, I thnk!

I would LOVE to win a whole series of trips - it would give us the ooomph to get out and do things at w/es, and would feel so much more indulgent that ONE trip!

Greedy me!

Tortington Tue 25-Sep-07 14:14:58

well my 3 children are classed as adults

which makes these things uber expensive.

so a prize like this would be super - as i hae had to take my hols this year to sort out bloody dead people

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 25-Sep-07 17:44:46

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - yes it is ONE very lucky Mumsnetter who'll win this fabulous prize.
Still time to win before the winner's drawn so get entering!

tigermoth Tue 25-Sep-07 18:47:50

Thanks for getting back, Olivia. I am sure the prize will make someone very happy. I can't wait to see who wins it

Being nosy, but is there a particular reason why the prize isn't into one Hilton theme park mini break for ten winners?

1dilemma Tue 25-Sep-07 21:25:05

Presumably beacuse 'they' think 10 trips sounds more flash rather that just more exhausting! grin

But of course being Mothers we're all having a problem with the not sharing aspect!! grinwink

tigermoth Wed 26-Sep-07 07:49:48

haha, ldilemma! very good! You're right about the not sharing aspect.
Well today's the day for someone!

ghosty Wed 26-Sep-07 07:53:01

<<grumpy mner alert>>
Still not fair that all the prizes are for the British Mners ... envy
When are you going to do prizes for us staunch supporters on this side of the planet please oh lovley MNHQ <<bats eyelashes>>?

1dilemma Wed 26-Sep-07 21:18:28

lol ghosty
don't fancy a long trip then
20 days of back to back theme parks just imagine it......

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Sep-07 11:10:09

Hi there

Sorry for the radio silence - In this case the competition sponsors were keen to have one winner. But be assured, we hear you on this one and we agree it would definitely make sense to share the love and will bear this in mind for future.

MNHQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now