Talk

Advanced search

10min questionnaire for Mother's with a child aged 4-10 (prize draw!)

(8 Posts)
lameisee Wed 16-May-18 11:52:29

Hi all,

I am looking for mothers who have a child aged between 4 and 10 to take part in my online survey!

The study is about maternal attachment, feeding strategies and child eating behaviours, and your responses will anonymously contribute to my Masters dissertation at the University of Bristol.

The online survey will take approximately 10 minutes of your time, and you will be given the option to enter a prize draw for a £30 pound amazon voucher.

If you are interested in taking part, or would like more information on the study please follow this link:

https://qtrial2018q2az1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bfkNXa9nStSPKrX

I'd really appreciate your responses smile

Thank you!

MrsHathaway Wed 16-May-18 13:11:32

I completed the survey but I don't think the questions necessarily get at what you want to ask.

When you ask about the mother's attachment you don't ask about her sense of self - she might have low expectations of affection etc because of low self esteem and that could be misinterpreted as being more secure in her attachments rather than less. It might be helpful to add a question about self esteem and/or diagnosed MH conditions in the mother to provide context to the other answers.

lameisee Thu 17-May-18 10:53:14

Hi,

Thank you for taking part!
Yes I completely understand what you're saying and those things are all important to consider.
The questions that I have used for throughout the survey are designed by researchers in the field who have tested there reliability and validity. As a student researcher we are advised to use these in our research so that we know what our questions are measuring. If you would like I'd be happy to send you the articles that these questions have come from (specifically the articles about measuring attachment style)? 🙂

MrsHathaway Thu 17-May-18 10:58:58

I recognise the questions, ha ha, so yes I'm sure they're standard. I just think you might get some odd blips in your results. Hope all goes well.

lameisee Thu 17-May-18 11:14:37

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts! I'll consider your feedback in my write up 🙂.

lameisee Thu 17-May-18 11:19:26

Anyone else who would like to take part:

Please note that you will need to know your child's height and weight to take part in this survey.

Thank you 🙂

lameisee Mon 04-Jun-18 20:29:48

Please do share this with any other mothers who may be interested in taking part! I'd be really grateful smile

lameisee Thu 02-Aug-18 11:31:27

The winner has been announced! Please do check your email if you took part 🙂.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: