Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else emailed off their 8,000 words to the writing comp and got confirmation?

(7 Posts)
farewellfigure Wed 22-Oct-14 15:28:09

Hi. Can anyone help...I sent off my 8,000 words to the book publishing competition thingy but haven't had any sort of confirmation email. Then I sent off a really awful 'should we get a confirmation email' email, and still haven't heard back so now I sound really desperate and grabby. There is no chance on this earth that my frankly inferior stab at novel-writing will get anywhere, but I just don't want it floating around in the ether and not arriving at the proper destination!

Has anyone a clue as to what to expect?

HQ any ideas?

SWIMTHECHANNEL Thu 30-Oct-14 22:31:01

There's a novel-writing competition????

Wherewherewhere???

esme1 Mon 17-Nov-14 22:14:06

It sounds like a very long piece for a competition...hope they are not just collecting people's writing for their own purposes

Annski Mon 24-Nov-14 18:24:54

I can't find the link to send the excerpt. Where is it? Help!

Lizzah Mon 01-Dec-14 16:39:41

I was planning to enter too, but finding it hard to see how to do it via Mumsnet website. Thought when I first saw the competition it was rather long as a first submission.

It is still advertised on Janklow and Nesbitt website. Has anyone else entered and had confirmation?

uriyaaz2401 Mon 02-Feb-15 18:02:40

Hey, I submitted my 8000 words along with 500 words of synopsis, on Friday. And yes, I got a confirmation email straight away.

goldenpeach Tue 24-Feb-15 09:12:06

Any update on this competition? It has been a while.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »