Talk

Advanced search

Natures path email

(6 Posts)
MaryBS Fri 17-Jun-11 09:49:06

Am not one of the winners (boo!) but am a bit concerned that everyone who entered got an email, telling us the real names as well as the MN names of the winners. It says at the bottom of the email that they take our privacy very seriously... well not THAT seriously, obviously!

I've not seen this happen with other competitions, so was just a bit shock that they would do this.

(tell me if IABU, I don't think I am...)

ReshapeWhileDamp Fri 17-Jun-11 10:36:36

YANBU.

I wondered if it was a marketting thing by Nature's Path - I can't remember filling in my RL name but clearly I must have done, naturally assuming it wouldn't come back to a public forum. (I'm not one of the happy winners either, btw!)(where would I keep a year's supply of cereal anyway??) Companies like to make a lot of mileage out of the 'real' identities of winners in order to promote their product, etc - you're often told in the small print for competitions that your identity, photos of you beaming broadly etc, will be used in promotional material. And nobody forced us to enter, but all the same - perhaps the company just doesn't appreciate that this is a public, anonymous forum.

shock at 'taking privacy seriously' - I missed that bit!

jamaisjedors Fri 17-Jun-11 12:49:34

I saw this and was just about to post a thread too - I was really shocked to see the real names and mn names - thank goodness I didn't win!

belledechocchipcookie Fri 17-Jun-11 12:54:39

I've just emailed MNHQ about this. I'm not impressed (I didn't win)

inzidoodle Fri 17-Jun-11 13:14:34

I agree I was a bit shock I would have been really angry if my name came up as its unusual and people would recognise it.

MaryBS Fri 17-Jun-11 13:33:09

Helen has posted a response from MN here. Thanks Helen for the quick response!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now