Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Bloody shoes! Argh!

(4 Posts)
MermaidSpam Tue 08-Sep-09 16:02:57

Bought DD (7) new school shoes on Sunday. Went round 5 different stores trying numerous shoes until she finally decided on a (very sensible for her) pair from Next. She has worn them 2 days and they are rubbing her ankles at the back (you know when they seem too high?). Really can't afford another pair at the mo, so you think there is any way they would change them?

Twinsmommy Tue 08-Sep-09 20:12:32

Yes. My friend bought a pair of shoes from Next - really soft cream leather. She wore them for two days and they cut the back of her ankles to shreds. The shoes were even stained with blood. She took them back and complained. She got a full refund. (She had the receipt though.)

I would take your daughter along and show them the damage to her ankles. Don't think you'll have any problem.

MermaidSpam Tue 08-Sep-09 21:23:14

Thanks!
Going to try tomorrow.

lowrib Thu 29-Oct-09 01:06:08

I bought a pair of work shoes from Next, they were the second most uncomfortable work shoes I've ever had. I've never bought shoes from them again. I recognise now that Next isn't a proper shoe shop they're a clothes / fashion shop, and know bugger all about shoes.

The worst pair of shoes I've ever had was a pair of great-looking high heals which you couldn't walk in - not because they were too high, but because they were so poorly made.

When I took them back to the local cheap shop I got them from and explained you can't actually walk in them they thired to refuse a refund and said 'ahh yes, that's because they are a fashion shoe hmm

But I digress grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now