Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Baby shoe advice needed please

(8 Posts)
sweetnitanitro Thu 03-Sep-09 19:29:26

DD is coming up to 11 months and is just starting to walk, but only a few wobbly steps so I don't think she will need proper shoes for a couple of months. Normally she is happy cruising about indoors just wearing socks and if she's in her buggy she has a blanket.

Next month we are going away to Cornwall and DD will be spending some time in a ring sling and one of those backpack carriers. I wanted to get some soft boots to keep her feet warm but I can only find 9-12 months and her feet are too big for those. Would it be OK to just get her feet measured and get her some proper shoes or does anyone know where I can get soft shoes in bigger sizes or some big snuggly socks? I am on a fairly tight budget!

TIA

smackapacka Thu 03-Sep-09 19:45:05

Personally I waited until the bitter end before forking out for proper shoes. I'd just buy thick socks, but then I am VERY tight!

sweetnitanitro Sat 05-Sep-09 14:53:31

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll get her feet measured and then get her some Ugg type boots or slippers, if she's not walking around in them it won't matter if they're a bit too big will it?

nappyaddict Sat 05-Sep-09 15:22:45

If they're too big they might fall off?

Starchild do soft leather shoes up to age 3-4.

busybutterfly Sat 05-Sep-09 23:24:25

When it's cold we put tights on DD with socks over. Definitely wouldn't bother with proper shoes and if you get slippers/boots that are too big they may fall off (and on holiday that'd be a right pain!!)
Have a good break!

BikeRunSki Sat 05-Sep-09 23:44:51

Hi OP - I am in a similar situation with DS - one next week. He is a size 5 already!

Shoo Shoes go up to 18 months.

I wanted these, but too small for Bigfoot Boy already.Teva baby boots

These Ugg-alikes have ribbons on to keep them on if a bit too big.

Next Ugg-alikes

PielightIsMyNewLove Sun 06-Sep-09 00:12:47

<hijack>

BikeRunSki I always thought that your name was summat Russian, like

blush

rebeccao29 Mon 19-Oct-09 16:08:37

Have a look here... i'm sure you'll find something you'll like!

There's some really cute soft soled shoes that should fit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now