Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

where shall I buy more baby clothes?

(10 Posts)
bunnybunyip Sat 29-Aug-09 21:43:44

Anyone got any good ideas for shopping for baby clothes? I have hardly bought DS any clothes as we had lots as presents, but noe he is getting into 9-12 month size the pressies are a bit sparce.
I don't want to spend loads as need to buy quite a few things; a bit more than tesco/asda as some of their cotton seems a bit thin and hasn't washed all that well for me. Tu seems good but not much choice.
Any clues?

cheesesarnie Sat 29-Aug-09 21:46:27

why not second hand?i buy dc nice second hyand clothing so its cheap but good quality,then sell it on and replace as they grow!

onepieceoflollipop Sat 29-Aug-09 21:47:00

Mothercare (imo) is slightly better quality than some of the supermarkets. It is a bit more expensive, you might be lucky in the sale?

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 29-Aug-09 21:47:42

Next, but I bought most of DS's of the For Sale boards on here.

bunnybunyip Sat 29-Aug-09 21:52:10

I have a few clothes from next but they have been a bit impractical, like linen dungarees and non-stretchy fabrics which have been a struggle to get on. I'll have a look at the for sale boards, thanks.

JanieF Thu 15-Oct-09 00:45:02

They're perhaps a bit more expensive than what you have in mind, but I have fallen head over heels in love with everything flora + henri carries. Everything is so beautiful and well-made. www.florahenri.com

LunarSea Thu 15-Oct-09 00:55:23

I've got loads of 9-12 boys clothes which will get listed on here/Ebay/sent to NCT sale if I ever get around to listing them. Could do you a list and take pics of any you like the sound of if you like.

missjackson Thu 15-Oct-09 01:02:53

Go on ebay and buy anything good quality - baby gap, mini boden, john lewis etc. Then you can ebay again when he has grown out of them, so they end up costing very little. Agree with you about tesco and asda although I do buy loads of vests from there.

bunnybunyip Thu 15-Oct-09 10:25:30

Thanks LunarSea but to be honest he is growing so fast I reckon he will be in the next size up in a couple of weeks. We are now lucky that a very kind woman from DHs work has given us a big sack of boys clothes from about 1 year+ so we have got alot to be going on with now!
JanieF could bankrupt myself on that site. Nice stuff though.
I have been dabbling with ebay; but currently trying to buy some gap socks and have been outbid on 3 different listings. Think it might be easier and not much more £ just to go to gap!

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Thu 15-Oct-09 10:28:42

minimode.co.uk/

Lovely colourful stuff for boys that washes well.

Have a look in your area for nearly new sales - there are always some on at this time of year. I've just done one and had loads of stuff that had been barely worn - sold most tops and trousers for about £1 each!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now