Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Croc-hater needs advice on buying kiddie crocs...

(16 Posts)
MrsMerryHenry Mon 24-Aug-09 22:12:06

...because we're potty training and they'll dry in seconds leaving no smell. <<raises eyebrow>>.

However. Summer's nearly over and I am NOT going to waste £20 on a pair of plastic shoes that will last no more than 6 weeks. Would it be false economy to buy a non-original pair for a few quid? Will I irreparably damage my child's feet, legs, spine and brain?

HEEEEELP!

oopsacoconut Mon 24-Aug-09 22:14:19

We bought some original ones for DD from Sport Soccer on Saturday they were on sale £10 cheap enough to last the summer out.

hocuspontas Mon 24-Aug-09 22:16:59

Was just coming on to say about Sport Soccer as well!

MrsMerryHenry Mon 24-Aug-09 22:17:32

GReat tip - any idea what their website is as I can't find it on google (never heard of them before).

oopsacoconut Mon 24-Aug-09 22:19:51

here

ravenAK Mon 24-Aug-09 22:19:59

Good grief - relax! Buy some from the local cheapo shop or market, but expect them to be kicked off more than worn.

I really, really don't think that the TM'ed version have any orthopaedic qualities that the rip-offs don't. They're, um, all basically jelly sandals, surely...

stealthsquiggle Mon 24-Aug-09 22:22:48

I bought DD some for exactly the same reason. Hers came from M&S (they still have them), DS's from somewhere equally cheap (cheaper than even reduced branded ones, but not quite the cheapest) - both have survived a summer of reasonably hard use and so have the children's feet.

MrsMerryHenry Mon 24-Aug-09 22:23:29

Tried local shops, ravenAK - none of them have his size. Well, except in vomity pink. Which he said he wanted. Now, open-minded though I am...grin Actually, I don't think I'd even buy that vile colour for a girl.

MrsMerryHenry Mon 24-Aug-09 22:24:46

<<blows kiss to coconut>>

Ooh, M&S, now there's an idea. Thanks, stealthy.

stealthsquiggle Mon 24-Aug-09 22:26:32

M&S ones have Mr Men on them (DD chose blue and lots of Mr Men over red with Little Miss Sunshine)

MrsMerryHenry Mon 24-Aug-09 22:31:54

Right! Have found some on SportsDirect website - next question, how do the sizes come up - he's still wearing his size 7s (Next and Clarks), would a 6-7 be too small or an 8-9 be too big?

oopsacoconut Mon 24-Aug-09 22:36:00

DD is a size 2 in her Clarks and we got a 2-3 the strap pushes her foot right forward so even though they are a too big the strap hold her foot in. I am a size 5/6 and have a size 7 crocs.

GossipMonger Mon 24-Aug-09 22:36:39

They do come up big so I think 6-7 would be fine.

Got some for ds2 today. Red. Sports Direct. £10. He loves them. smile

stealthsquiggle Tue 25-Aug-09 11:33:56

Go for 6-7 I think.

MrsMerryHenry Wed 26-Aug-09 23:32:56

Thanks for your help, all. The 8/9s came this morning (along with a freebie - the most hideous mug I have ever seen!). They fit brilliantly - I realised after buying them that he's almost grown out of his 7's. He loves his new shoes!

lowrib Thu 29-Oct-09 01:11:57

style shoes for £6 here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now