Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Can anyone recommend me some decent bibs?

(12 Posts)
Jojay Sat 15-Aug-09 08:21:39

Preferably dark ish colours so the stains don't show blush, absorbent enough to soak up gallons of drool and with popper fastenings as velcro loses it's stick in the wash???

ClaudiaJean Sat 15-Aug-09 08:46:38

I think Silly Billyz bibs are brilliant - they come through the wash really well and look great too! They are sold here and plenty of other sites.

GentleOtter Sat 15-Aug-09 08:47:36

these bibs are excellent
They wash well and dry quickly. The velcro is still very sticky after two years of constant use.

Jojay Sat 15-Aug-09 15:24:16

Snap! Well, almost smile

I'm after the sleeveless sort really, as he wears bibs constantly, not just at mealtimes.

I like the idea of fleece though, as they won't soak up the wet and will dry quickly. Just got to find somewhere that has them in stock.

Thank you both.

chegirl Sat 15-Aug-09 16:21:33

I tend to use bandanas for my DS3. I hate bibs. I hate the way they go manky, dont go with clothes, the way the plastic cracks on the back etc etc.

I bought a shed load of ordinary bandanas. They are very absorbant, look nice, are big and look better the more you wash them.

Not ideal for tiny babies though. Better from young toddler up really.

CMOTdibbler Sat 15-Aug-09 16:25:20

I've got three bandanna bibs (think they are red, navy, and a pale blue stripe) which have a fleece backing hanging around - if you want them, just CAT me - don't want anything for them.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 15-Aug-09 16:41:40

Boots have some which are pull over, so they have no fastenings. Very comfy, cotton jeresy on one side and terry on the other so very absorbant. Can't be taken off by little fingers either

MamaG Sat 15-Aug-09 16:44:36

A mate gave me a pile from Next. They are pale colours, but they are a decent size and have a press stud fastening.
I really like them

ilovesprouts Sat 15-Aug-09 16:49:14

i get mine off ebay they are called dribble bibs they are fab!!

Jojay Sat 15-Aug-09 20:42:08

Wow, thanks CMOTdibbler, that's a really kind offer, I'd love them.

Just got to work out how to CAT you.......grin

Thanks for the other recommendations everyone smile

Jojay Sat 15-Aug-09 20:48:19

CMOTdibbler I'm not registered with the CAT thing. Could you email me at

jojoiner99@yahoo dot co dot uk??

Thanks so much, I'm very grateful.

CMOTdibbler Sat 15-Aug-09 21:34:15

No problem - emailing you now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now