Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Primark selling baby booty shorts

(82 Posts)
MummaCait Tue 13-Feb-18 13:50:57

Im disgusted that i have to write this. And ill be posting a link to a petition to boycott primark for selling baby and children Jean shorts, that are sexually exploiting our little ones. I wouldn't even wear shorts that short. Its vulgar and just gives predators a chance to fulfil their disgusting desires. I want primark to remove these products and re-design their them.

upsideup Tue 13-Feb-18 14:01:01

Do you have a picture of the actual shorts? Are they supossed to be sort of a nappy cover up? I regularly put little frilly shorts over my DC's nappies.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 13-Feb-18 14:04:33

Do you honestly think predators don't look at babies and children regardkess of what they are wearing?

Are They all ok til they see a bit of leg hmm

Are they not a nappy covering?

How about babies in skirts that have ridden up in push chairs and they sit with their nappy on show?

Steeley113 Tue 13-Feb-18 14:06:14

hmm they’re baby shorts. Of course they will look ‘short’ on the hangers, baby’s have pretty short legs.

confusedhelpme Tue 13-Feb-18 14:07:41

Do you honestly think predators don't look at babies and children regardkess of what they are wearing?

EXACTLY that

MrsJayy Tue 13-Feb-18 14:08:32

I actually saw the denim shorts you are on about not to my taste but they are just shorts clothes do not sexualise babies they are just shorts that will go on top of a nappy or a pair of leggings

StylishMummy Tue 13-Feb-18 14:09:27

They're cheap clothes, unless they say 'sexy' in sequins on the crotch then I don't see the issue!

MrsJayy Tue 13-Feb-18 14:10:37

No no sexy across the crotch or bum just a pair of denim shorts

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 13-Feb-18 14:10:51

they’re baby shorts. Of course they will look ‘short’ on the hangers, baby’s have pretty short legs. Exactly what I was going to write Steeley

harlaandgoddard Tue 13-Feb-18 14:12:01

As long as they are wearing a nappy they are sufficiently covered ffs calm down.

LemonBreeland Tue 13-Feb-18 14:13:18

So a pair of denim short to wear with tights or leggings. Don't see the issue.

JediStoleMyBike Tue 13-Feb-18 14:14:25

I was going to say similar to everyone else really - I don't tend to equate them with shorts but little nappy covers. Do you have a pic or the shorts by chance?

Edit: www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.uk/2018/01/15/primark-trouble-selling-denim-hotpants-babies-7230903/amp/
Found them. I wouldn't buy them myself but I don't think they'd look awful with a little t shirt for the summer.

MrsJayy Tue 13-Feb-18 14:18:07

The only problem i can see is they would be faffy to get on and button but hardly daisy dukes are they?

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 13-Feb-18 14:19:32

Nice bit of child victim blaming in that article. angry

Both Dds wear short shorts.sometines over leggings sometimes on their own when it's bloody hot outside.

They are kids. If you can't control your thoughts then go home. Let kids run about in shorts. Not dressing them in sacks to pander to pearl clutchers

Floralnomad Tue 13-Feb-18 14:21:39

Massive over reaction , the babies they are aimed at are wearing a nappy so fully covered up anyway , they don’t look particularly comfortable but that would be my only issue with them .

MrsJayy Tue 13-Feb-18 14:21:47

I didn't read the metroarticle I couldn't get past metro calling them hotpants when they clearly are not hot pants

GeorgeTheHippo Tue 13-Feb-18 14:24:11

They'll just cover over the nappy won't they?
I have much more an issue with the slogans on clothing for children than I do with this.

seafooodplatter Tue 13-Feb-18 14:35:08

What a load of fuss over nothing. Some people must go about life looking for things to offend them.

They are not hot pants. They are shorts. Shorts are perfectly fine for any age.

My only reservation with them would be they look uncomfortable for a baby.

LondonHereICome Tue 13-Feb-18 14:48:37

* Its vulgar and just gives predators a chance to fulfil their disgusting desires*

What on earth does this even mean op? You are a million miles 'off'

upsideup Tue 13-Feb-18 14:59:02

www.next.co.uk/shop/gender-oldergirls-gender-youngergirls-category-shorts/size-36months#1_28

No difference to the demin shorts they in next for babies

MummaCait Tue 13-Feb-18 16:13:32

Am i legit the only one that sees something wrong with these? Or do all of you also agree with small children wearing bikinis? 'Nappy covers' still makes me uncomfortable with them. Sorry but i feel that this just pushes small children into needing to feel more adult. My dd wouldn't be caught in these at all. Ever.

And yes i have pictures but people have already posted articles about them.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 13-Feb-18 16:18:55

They are just shorts.

If you think a babies legs are sexual the problem is with you not the clothing.

CrumbleBrag Tue 13-Feb-18 16:20:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitOutOfPractice Tue 13-Feb-18 16:20:30

I really really can't get het up about those. They're just shorts for babies surely?

Floralnomad Tue 13-Feb-18 16:22:25

They are shorts OP , in exactly the same way as all the others on the previous Next link are shorts , no offensive slogans and nothing that says ‘sex’ to me . Presumably you always make sure that your children wear clothing that covers their entire body from head to toe all year round .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: