Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

I think I'm a little obsessed with kids designer clothes!

(20 Posts)
Mumosa Thu 08-Feb-18 22:34:32

Any other mummys out there like spending dough on their kids? In the last year we've been lucky enough to have some spare cash to splash out a bit and I've really become obsessive about looking for discounted designer brands like UGG, Kate Mack, Kenzo. Anyone else like the designer brands? Me personally I'm dressed in H&M, Primark. I sometimes think I should splash out on myself more, but I'm always drawn to the kiddies stuff again! Its not crazy money I spend, maybe £100 each month? anyone else like this?

lorribaby Thu 08-Feb-18 22:48:02

It is my guilty pleasure! Every month I have a delivery of something usually always from the sale. Love Mayoral, Monnalisa and just got a gorgeous Moschino dress. I live in primark and next wink

lorribaby Thu 08-Feb-18 22:51:02

I use designer childrenswear online it is fab for stuff just now. I think the shop is in Sunderland and I also order a lot from scarlettes boutique in Cardiff. Have a look now give up your fav places!!

Mumosa Thu 08-Feb-18 23:15:28

:-) I'm so happy that I'm not alone! None of my friends are like this, they're not into designer labels at all. I too get deliveries each month and have to hide and tell my DH little white lies when they wear the clothes 'oh Nana bought them that!" etc Just bought Mini Melissa shoes for my LO and had to tell a white lie as she has far too many shoes already!

I love Monnalisa its adorable but soo expensive, is it good quality I've never purchased anything? I'll check out those sites though thanks!

These are my top sites I frequent:
Panache
Childsplay
Childrens Salon
Kathryns Liverpool
Kids Cavern Liverpool
Olly Bear
Carousal Kids

Lucymek Thu 08-Feb-18 23:16:31

Depop is so good for this the mega spenders dress baby in it once take photos then sell on.

Mumosa Thu 08-Feb-18 23:23:36

just checked it out! Its fab...reaching for my purse already!

Whitecovers Thu 08-Feb-18 23:25:12

I don't buy 'designer' as such but I like my youngest boy dressed in a certain way -nothing too out there - leggings and a tee shirt but a few of the brands are quite expensive.
I bought him a pair of leggings, 2 tshirts and a romper in the sale a couple of days ago for £80 from America, would have been almost double full price!

lorribaby Thu 08-Feb-18 23:30:21

Monnalisa stuff is good quality but Mayoral and Billieblush is the best. Although the new season Donald Duck denim jacket from Monnalisa is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!
I justify it as I don't really go out drinking or things like that so I spend my hard earned money how I want and as addictions go it could be worse.
I will checkout some of those thanks grin

Mumosa Thu 08-Feb-18 23:41:10

Whitecovers- I wouldn't know were to start with buying from America? What sites to you use?

Lorribaby- I've had some Mayoral and Billyblush items they are lovely. Although a coat I bought from Mayoral last year broke which was a shame, I'd need to replace the zip but its part of the reason the coats so nice! I do like the quality of Moschino and Kenzo. Whats the Moschino dress like that you bought?

BTW my girls are 7 and 3 yrs. How old are yours?

ParkheadParadise Thu 08-Feb-18 23:56:01

I love billieblush and mayoral. I spend a fortune on dd's clothes she's 2. It's my guilty pleasure. I couldn't afford to when I had DD1, so I'm making up for it now. I also like Absorba and can spend hours on AlexandAlexa website.

Hellywelly10 Fri 09-Feb-18 00:02:19

I think you deserve to spend a bit more on yourself op.

Mumosa Fri 09-Feb-18 00:05:21

Parkhead- Same here, we were skint with DD 1 most stuff was primark and eBay. She still looked adorable! However now I've learned about quality and investment pieces. Uggs in my opinion are brill, they last so long and they do take a battering with my girls.

I used to love Alex and Alexa! However unfortunately I'm still waiting for a refund from them from November and their customer service has been awful.

Mumosa Fri 09-Feb-18 00:06:29

Hellywelly- I just don't look as cute :-)

ParkheadParadise Fri 09-Feb-18 00:26:04

I love ugg's I've got 7 pairs dd only has 1. I also love Primigi for shoes and boots. When dd started walking I got her a white pair of the cutest boots I've ever seen. I ignored the price tag😀

lorribaby Fri 09-Feb-18 09:42:33

Mumosa I have attached a pic it is really lovely on although not sure what shoes/tights to wear with it. The only thing is my daughter is not two until end of March and this is a two but already fits. I think the brand is quite small made. Also have a look at the new season A Dee jackets. I have the flower one and the red and white striped one coming for her. I always got size up with ADee as small made so have ordered in a three grin

Mumosa Fri 09-Feb-18 12:03:44

Lorribaby- I can't see the pic! Aww she will look adorable. I love love the Adee coats! They really stand out. Haven't bought anything from Adee yet, will have a search through the sites. Last years summer collection was gorgeous so hopefully its all come down in price now!
Isn't it fun! I get a real buzz from searching, looking at the best deal, getting a bargain, waiting for it to arrive, inspecting the quality etc then popping it on my unsuspecting child :-) then they go have chocolate or something and get it all over my long sought out purchase. Then I do it all over again!!! its a crazy weird addiction. ah well Its not hurting anyone, other than my own personal fashion sense haha.

lorribaby Fri 09-Feb-18 13:03:38

It's the rainbow hearts moschino dress and I'm now scared as she is wearing it for a birthday party tomorrow and I don't like to think the condition it will be in by the end!!
I love it too and I do tend to fib a bit about prices to DH but he doesn't mind as I resell it on eBay when she is finished and you always get something back to put towards something else.
ADee does tend to be overpriced so I usually buy a year ahead to bring the price down. I got the red bow coat in the sale and have put it away for winter.
Happy shopping smile

Mumosa Fri 09-Feb-18 13:30:36

Yes! I know the dress, its very cute. What colour? My DH just doesn't get it, although he swans around in nothing less than Ralph Lauren! I'm yet to re-sell the items on Ebay it would be more economical. I've passed somethings onto friends and kept somethings too. I'm looking to buy my 3 year old the Kenzo sweatshirt grey and tiger striped leggings set, it'll look gorgeous with her Reebok baby pink hightops. Excited!! Although my everyday boots have started letting in rain water, so may to sort that out first lol

lorribaby Fri 09-Feb-18 16:39:01

It's the pink one. It is a darker pink and the quality is good. It is like a soft jersey material.
I still have the rose ruffle Monnalisa tracksuit put way as it is in a size three. That's the only thing that annoys me is the sizing is all over the place sometimes.
It makes me sad that I can't buy lots of the shoes and boots in the sale as you don't know what size they will be lol!
I actually caught myself the other day boring my friend with no kids by showing her all the things I had put away and bought. I also noted her eyeing up my outfit which had seen better days! She must think I'm madgrin

Mumosa Sat 10-Feb-18 00:17:22

You’re right the sizing is crazy. My lo’s uggs are a good size too big on her at the mo, shes walking in them just fine though!

The dark pink is lovely in the maschino dress, i’d pair that with cream or white tights and silver glitter or dark pink glitter converse.

Haha your friend will understand when she has kids....,or not. Maybe it is a niche thingconfused

You do get a proud moment though don’t you, when someone comments on what your child’s wearing. A mum came over to me at a playgroup, to compliment my daughters coat. She thought it was a lot more than i’d actually paid, I loved telling her where she could find it and at what price. smile if only there was a job doing just that! Finding children’s designer bargains!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: