Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Rain and wind proof coat/Barbour sizing

(4 Posts)
Rebecca1971 Thu 23-Nov-17 09:05:55

Hi, I thought I’d ask the MN community for some views and advice on this coat dilemma!

I’m looking for is a coat to cover my bum as a minimum but ideally to about knee length. I want wind and rain proof so that it’s as versatile as possible and can be used in cold and wet weather.

I’ve identified the Barbour Carribena was coat which seems to tick all the boxes (although it could be slightly longer). But the sizing is really weird. I’m normally a 12/14 (European 40).

With his coat the 14 (marked as a European 40) is way too small. The 16 (42) sort of fits but:-

- the sleeves are still on the short side
- when I’ve got the hood on it’s kind of too short in the neck - it feels like it pulls down on me and I can’t close the top buttons
- the bit where the sleeves start is a little narrow so a thick jumper gets caught when I put it on
- at the same time there’s some bulk around the chest

Has anyone else found this with Barbour?
Is it worth trying an 18 (I’d feel very weird buying an 18!!!)

Any suggestions for a similar coat that’s better fitting?

Any thoughts welcome!

Ojoj1974 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:45:48

I'm so pleased you are
Saying the sizings are out. I'm a 16-18 and really struggling to find a coat that fits...

ReinettePompadour Fri 01-Dec-17 22:51:11

Does it need to be a barbour? Try Didriksons, much better quality and fit for less money. Several styles are similar to the Carribena one.

Scrowy Fri 01-Dec-17 22:57:31

I’m a size 10/12 and my size 16 Barbour fits nicely.

It’s quite old though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: