Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Winter coat/jacket 5 month old girl

(13 Posts)
Sleepymum1 Sun 19-Nov-17 18:35:29

Hi, I was looking for some help/recommendations. My daughter is 5 months old and I want to make sure she is kept toasty warm in the winter months (we live in Northern Ireland so can get a bit chilly). I looked today but so many are difficult to put on - I can’t get her arms though. Does anyone recommend any brands or coats in particular? Thanks

FromageRay Wed 29-Nov-17 18:53:40

I know it's not what you asked but ... I found snow suits better at that age. The JoJo fleece ones are great.

yumchoc Wed 29-Nov-17 21:35:49

Ted baker are great wash well is line with faux fur and have attached mittens and hood
Very well padded £50 but you can buy second had on eBay and stork sales if you have a smaller budget
My DD had her 6-9 months Ted baker and it still fit her now at 16 months and it looks new

Abijam Tue 05-Dec-17 21:15:39

Last year I got one from Matalan for my DD. Its really good with the padding and the hood.If I remember correctly, It was less than £20.

user1493413286 Tue 05-Dec-17 21:18:54

I found a snow suit/pram suit easier to get on and off. We got a great one for £14 from Morrisons.
The Mothercare swing coat style is possible to get on and off but they’re all a bit tough

carolhere Mon 11-Dec-17 07:49:26

I was searching jackets for my DS today and saw some chic ones on johnlewis. Worth having a look.

hedlesschicken Mon 11-Dec-17 08:35:20

At 5 months I'd probably put her in a snow suit. They are lovely and cosy. TU, M&S do some lovely ones 😀

snackarella Mon 11-Dec-17 08:47:46

I second he snow suit! Coats aren't doable for tiny babies

lornathewizzard Mon 11-Dec-17 08:52:33

I found everything a pain in the arse to get on babies!
Definitely snow suit if just going out in the pram from the house. Cars a bit different cause they can't be in snowsuits or big jackets in the car seat.

StorminaBcup Mon 11-Dec-17 08:59:49

Morrck wraps are brilliant if you’re in the car. Definitely my Best Buy with my two boys.

Thishatisnotmine Mon 11-Dec-17 09:25:10

Yes to a snowsuit or go for a coat that is designed for babies, ie a soft wadded coat rather than something waterproof.

m.johnlewis.com/baby-joule-cuddle-cat-hood-coat-grey-marl/p3282578

I think I have seen them in M&S as wadded coats. Snuggly under a cosy toes in a pushchair.

Blizy Mon 11-Dec-17 09:38:03

I'd recommend a snow suit too, Jo Jo do lovely cosy polar fleece suits.
Or a tuppence and crumble star wrap?

MerlinsScarf Mon 11-Dec-17 10:34:04

We had a lovely snowsuit from Boots that zipped easily down one side, I think Mothercare sometimes have some with a central panel, so you have some chance of unzipping without spoiling a nap if you go indoors!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now