Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Wellies

(5 Posts)
DaisyRaine90 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:05:22

I’ve heard hunters are not good quality and need some wellies.

I am quite short with thick thighs due to lots of walking.

What would be the best wellies?

Thanks 😊

DaisyRaine90 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:27:10

Anyone??

Might need them for mucking our horses etc. As well as muddy walks so need to be good quality

And for camping 😊

EverythingEverywhere1234 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:32:51

Farmer here. If you want to spend mega money, you can't go too wrong with le chameau, they are good boots, but honestly I've found that, if you don't want to spend that much, the next best thing is just cheap green welly boots (from somewhere like mole valley (Devon) for me) as none of the others last overly long so it's not worth spending the extra money, if you see what I mean. I do give them a hard time mind.

DaisyRaine90 Sun 29-Oct-17 08:29:54

Thank you 😊 yes I am hoping to get chickens and DD wants a horse so we are trying to buy a paddock and stable (surprise birthday present for next years birthday).

DP keeps forgetting and saying she can get a dog but I can’t have a dog as they would be on their own during the day. I don’t want to pay a dog walker. Also DP wants a small terrier and I prefer bigger dogs.

Would a horse get lonely? I often see them alone and wonder. We are getting Two rabbits for just that reason. We could get a second one for when DC2 comes of age but obvs the upkeep would be a lot. DP says hell muck out the horses with DD if I do the chickens but I’m aware I will often be doing both on the days he’s commuting as he leaves before 7am

X

DaisyRaine90 Sun 29-Oct-17 08:32:12

The paddock we are trying to buy is directly next door to our house (there’s not even a fence right now 😂)

There’s also stables and a paddock opposite so we might be able to keep the horse there.
I’m a city kid but DPs from the country so a lot of This is new to me but I’m a grafter so sure it will be fine.

If it goes well I would like Goats and Pigs too 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now