Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Ideas needed for ascot dress to hide bump

(8 Posts)
G1988 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:42:40

Hi ladies,

I'm off to ascot with work in a couple of weeks but my 12 week scan is a few days after.

Has anyone bought any dresses recently which would help hide my every growing bump. I'll already have to deal with people asking why I'm not drinking so really need to ensure the bump can't be seen.

I have searched the internet for hours and hours for tips, thought I'd found the perfect dress but when I tried it on the bump was clearly visible.

Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

Mysterycat23 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:48:18

Fabric heavily patterned in mid to dark colours.

Either a drapey shape with empire waist
Or
A gathered wrap style with lots of loose drapey fabric.

I'll do a quick Google for you.

Mysterycat23 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:49:33

All saints wrap dress

FlossyMooToo Thu 01-Jun-17 06:50:52

Are you wanting short or full length?

newbian Thu 01-Jun-17 06:54:01

Definitely a wrap dress. I've been wearing those to work and it's not noticeable.

Do you really have a visible bump already? If you're a few weeks from the 12 week scan? It might not be as obvious as you think...I ask DH every day "can you tell" and he's like no, maybe looks like you ate too much cake yesterday. I'm 14 weeks with #2.

Mysterycat23 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:54:31

m.newlook.com/shop/maternity/dresses-/maternity-mixed-floral-print-frill-hem-dress_513273469

Mysterycat23 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:56:42

I got the all saints dress on ebay, the same design comes in different colours and they're from a few years ago so not too pricey.

New Look and H&M I found useful for affordable maternity wear.

Congratulations on your pregnancy OP flowers

G1988 Thu 01-Jun-17 07:19:40

Thanks ladies.

I seem to be showing a bit earlier than I should be, (unless I've got my dates wrong) but have always carried my weight on my stomach so am not too surprised. I do think a lot of it's bloating as well but it's all at the front and I can't wear control pants to suck it in.

I'd like something above the knee, and I would never normally wear patterns (think that's the problem) but guessing I might have to go out of my comfort zone...

This is the dress which I thought would be perfect...

uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.2/2425856108

I took a friend shopping with me and she confirmed that it was obvious

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now