Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Why has it taken me so long to find this shop?!

(12 Posts)
brunetteandbaby Tue 14-Mar-17 19:39:19

On my quest for brands similar to Whistles, Reiss, Boden, Joules etc but without having to remortgage - I think I may have found the holy grail 
Joanie! www.joanieclothing.com
...Quality is amazing (literally the SOFTEST sweater I've ever felt) and everything I ordered seems to be about £30ish!

Has anyone else found any secret(ish) brands they would be happy to share?!

If anyone wants me - I'll be shopping (at Joanie) 

lurkymclurkerson Tue 14-Mar-17 19:41:05

I love Joanie! I was a bridesmaid last week and had my dress from there. Such good quality for the price and has room for my ample chest blush

I now have a wish list of stuff I want for when payday comes around...

namechange20050 Tue 14-Mar-17 19:42:54

Is this an advert? And the clothes are nothing like whistles etc?

NotStoppedAllDay Tue 14-Mar-17 19:44:29

Ugh no! Just not my thing at all!

No, nothing like whistles

brunetteandbaby Tue 14-Mar-17 19:46:02

Lurky smile best name ever!
And I thought I was on to something!

I quite like that it's still an undiscovered brand, I get so many compliments when I wear my Joanie items!!! Sometimes I don't want to say where pieces are from so that not everyone is in my clothes!!!

Xxx

brunetteandbaby Tue 14-Mar-17 19:46:44

Not an ad - was hoping to find some more little niche brands

Llareggub Tue 14-Mar-17 19:48:16

Just had a look. Pretty awful to be honest.

hollinhurst84 Tue 14-Mar-17 19:51:34

Then why post? hmmconfused
What's the point in saying something shitty about someone else's choice rather than just scrolling past? People post links to clothes shops I don't like but I don't tell them it looks awful

bigbuttons Tue 14-Mar-17 19:56:26

Nothing like Reis, Joules etc, it looks way cheaper. Having said that, who cares, as long as you've found something you like.

missyB1 Tue 14-Mar-17 19:59:57

Some pretty dresses on there,I like the fact they are a little bit different from the high street.

iloveuihateu Tue 14-Mar-17 20:00:01

I felt the same when I discovered The Pretty Dress Company about five years ago although they're quite well known now.

The Joanie dresses look interesting - I like the tea dresses. Are they decent quality for £35?

brunetteandbaby Tue 14-Mar-17 20:20:18

Oh I will have to look at The Pretty Dress company 👌🏽 thanks for that!
Haha some people are so rude - find it quite amusing really grin

I've found the quality fab, and washed lovely every time xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now