Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Honey I've shrunk the cardigan!

(7 Posts)
jammyjay Sun 26-Feb-17 10:00:10

So, my DP accidentally shrunk my lambs wool cardigan! He did put it on a 30 degree wash (as the label instructed) but didn't put it on a wool wash. So my beloved cosy cardie that I've washed quite successfully for 5 years is no more!!!
Any ideas on where to get a woollen cardigan? (DP is paying so money is no object! 😂) I know I'm clutching at straws as shops are no longer stocking winter wear! But you never know...
smile

StealthPolarBear Sun 26-Feb-17 10:03:48

I got a lovely one from jaeger.
It got caught up on a normal coloured wash and when it came out it didn't even fit my 7 year old sad

chemenger Sun 26-Feb-17 10:08:19

Woollovers have every cardigan known to man.

Moreisnnogedag Sun 26-Feb-17 12:28:54

Do you still have the cardigan? If it's pure lambs wool and not a polyester blend you could try blocking it.

Put it in water and on a towel or mat stretch it to the right size (you can pin it out). Let it dry naturally which will take some time but it might work. If it doesn't, you could try steam blocking to see if that works.

Moreisnnogedag Sun 26-Feb-17 12:30:29

better instructions here

jammyjay Sun 26-Feb-17 13:42:47

Thanks More that's really helpful. I'll check it out smile

jammyjay Sun 26-Feb-17 13:43:34

And Chem I like the look of Woolovers too wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now