Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Clothes for people with long arms

(9 Posts)
NennyNooNoo Tue 07-Feb-17 12:49:30

I'm not unusually tall (5'7") but I do seem to have unusually long arms and struggle to find tops with a suitable sleeve length. Coats are a particular problem. Generally, I find the continental brands such as La Redoute and H&M a better fit than UK brands but can anyone help me expand my repertoire of clothing brands please? In particular any recommendations for coats with long sleeves so I don't have 2 inches of wrist showing? Thanks

NennyNooNoo Tue 07-Feb-17 17:17:37

Or any retailers who do a good range of 'tall' clothing?

namechange20050 Tue 07-Feb-17 17:23:34

Zara come up long.

raindripsonruses Tue 07-Feb-17 17:27:29

I'm a shorty but with long arms. Unhelpful, I know but I look for 3/4 length or stuff that looks ok with rolled up sleeves.

AllTheBabies Tue 07-Feb-17 17:34:57

I've got long arms too! Thought I was the only one!

Tops I just tend to roll up but like you I have some from H&m which are fine as they are.

Coats I have no idea. I dream of a coat which doesn't expose my wrists.

PlymouthMaid1 Tue 07-Feb-17 17:37:12

Well I had to return everything from a recent Joe Brown order as the arms were about six inches too long for me on tops and dresses so that might be a good option.

Salumeria Tue 07-Feb-17 17:53:20

OP, I wish I knew! I have the same problem, I find coats and jumpers the worst.
I am always on the look out for men's coats that are are a bit more feminine looking, or else I buy them when I am on holiday in mainland Europe.

NennyNooNoo Tue 07-Feb-17 18:24:33

Thanks for your responses. I have tried Joe Browns but they have a very distinctive style, mostly a bit too gothic for me although I would have loved it 20 years ago. I hadn't thought of Zara so will give that a try, assuming they do online too ( I live in the sticks).
Coats and jackets are the perpetual problem. I have 2 which fit properly on the sleeves - a coat which I bought from the tall range at Very several years ago and now has a torn lining and a XS size men's cagoule which I bought from the market. The market trader said the XS size was aimed at lanky teenage boys but fits me nicely.

NennyNooNoo Tue 07-Feb-17 20:31:41

Just looked at New Look and they have a surprising number of coats and jackets in their tall range. Nothing that took my fancy personally but might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now