Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Barefoot shoes and stabilisation

(3 Posts)
IMaedDis Mon 06-Feb-17 10:07:07

Is it a bit of an oxymoron? I'm new to kids and shoes and have no clue. Is that apparent yet?

Physio assessment found a DS is a touch hypermobile but nothing to panic about and she only really noted his hips. She did, however, say she wouldn't normally but in his case would recommend shoes from cruising to help stabilise his feet and ankles (I said I'd wanted to hold off from shoes at all for as long as possible for the benefits).

We're now at that stage and I'd like to look at barefoot shoes but given the physio's recommendation, would I possibly be better off with a more 'solid' Clarks-type?

scaevola Mon 06-Feb-17 10:21:59

I think you probably need to ask the physio exactly what sort of shoes she means and why.

CaravanOnCraggyIsland Mon 06-Feb-17 10:22:19

My ds has an inward foot which lasted a good eighteen months to two years and we were advised similar. However, I found that the startrite flex shoes were lovely with a nice flexible sole, I felt that were a good halfway house for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now