Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Hiking Shoes / Wellies 8 year old

(3 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

user1485805375 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:53:47

Hi all,
Just looking for a bit of advice. I babysit my nephew and love bringing him out for walks. Obviously of his favourite things to do is walk through as much mud as possible. Closely followed by jumping in puddles and rivers.

Hiking boots in winter are no use for playing in mud as his feet get wet and cold which he hates. I've been wearing wellies and waterproof overalls on him. Problem with wellies is not the best for walking up hills / mountains. Also I'm always nervous when hes walking on muddy slopes as they don't have great grip.

Am I looking for the impossible or is there such a thing as a welly / hiking shoe hi-bred or solution???

Thanks

JakeBallardswife Mon 30-Jan-17 19:55:36

We use decathlon walking boots, from £5! Huge range no complaints from mine been wearing various ones since they were 6.

LouMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 30-Jan-17 20:51:25

Evening all. We're nudging this thread over into Clothes and Shoes at the OP's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now