Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Help - where can I buy jeans / trousers for a skinny 3 yr old

(17 Posts)
TigerLily666 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:43:40

I am fed up with putting DS in jogging bottoms with drawstring waist simply because I cannot find any other styles to fit him. He is skinny but average / height and most of the trousers seem to be made for umm larger boys.

I try smaller sizes and they just don't fit him (give a lovely builders bum look, or only come to his ankles). I've tried Next but even the adjustable waist ones fall down and annoy him.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Surely I am not the only one with a skinny child ...?

BigApple11 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:45:31

H&M are good, sometimes next
I always have to look for jeans or trousers with the 'magic buttons' on the waistband for my kids - all tall and skinny!

WalkerBait Tue 03-Jan-17 18:45:38

Have you tried girls instead, the plain ones you wouldn't even know they are girls and are a bit slimmer fitting.

CarcerDun Tue 03-Jan-17 18:51:14

I also use H&M for long skinny toddler trousers, they last well as they have internal adjusters in them. I've been known to get girls ones instead of boys as the fabric tends to be softer.

CalleighDoodle Tue 03-Jan-17 18:52:10

I find sainsburys are for skinnies

Mol1628 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:53:10

I really like next for my skinny boy.

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 03-Jan-17 18:54:29

I find Sainsbury's are best shape for skinny DS2 as well smile

Mol1628 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:54:37

Posted too soon. Have you tried the elasticated waist jeans they do? Not button ones.

ceeveebee Tue 03-Jan-17 18:55:19

Verbaudet do slim fit (and "full fit") trousers

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 03-Jan-17 18:56:26

Also cotton 'jeans' rather than denim seem to be better for avoiding big uncomfortable lump of denim at the back. (Sigh, wish I had the 'skinny' problem too)

Tanito279 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:57:29

Another vote for H&M here

kshaw Tue 03-Jan-17 18:58:20

I buy for my skinny nieces from H&M - their trousers/jeans had adjustable waists - but never bought boys always girls

Motherwithflaws Tue 03-Jan-17 19:03:30

My skinny boys both wore gap slim fit jeans

SunnySideDownUp Tue 03-Jan-17 19:04:48

I have a similar problem with Dd1. We have Canadian relatives and the trousers they send over for perfectly! I'm actually going to send them money for them to buy and send clothes next time dd has a growth spurt.

Dampfnudel Tue 03-Jan-17 19:08:59

Vertbaudet are good, often they are very slim around the waist, even the ones that are supposed to be normal rather than slim fit. Zara might also be worth a look.

But it often depends on which particular style you choose, I have had ridiculously baggy trousers and brilliantly slim waisted ones from the same shop - I have had both success and failure with H&M, Sainsburys, Next and Boden.

MomOrMum Tue 03-Jan-17 19:13:16

I had this exact problem. Vertbaudet were good but best were Polarn O Pyret. Not cheap but last and wash amazingly well. I was better off buying 2 good pairs that have now lasted more than 18 months than loads of rubbish that didn't fit properly.

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 03-Jan-17 19:24:53

If my DCs would stop growing for 5 minutes I'd consider getting more expensive ones too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now