Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

where to buy decent sleepsuits?

(14 Posts)
bradleybecky Mon 17-Oct-16 21:37:23

First baby! wondering where the decent quality multipack sleepsuits are? With those integrated mittens/foot thingies! Want some that wash well too...

Also not extortionate....have been looking at asda, M&S and next...any other suggestions?

Flanderspigeonmurderer Mon 17-Oct-16 21:39:48

I got some good ones from sainsburys

NotWithoutMyMerkin Mon 17-Oct-16 21:40:24

M&s, sainsbury, Waitrose, H&M

whifflesqueak Mon 17-Oct-16 21:42:02

mine live in the plain white John Lewis ones until about 9 months.

good quality fabric, decent thickness, wash well. s'all good.

MissRainbowBrite Mon 17-Oct-16 21:42:33

Next were my favourites. Nice thick cotton, washed well and kept their shape. M&S pretty good too.

CupofTeaTime Mon 17-Oct-16 21:43:00

Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda, Matalan, Mothercare, Mamas and Papas, Next... tonnes of places!

Artandco Mon 17-Oct-16 21:44:31

John Lewis organic ones. £15 for 5. Wash well.
Hand mitts aren't recommended now as it's important baby learns to feel things with hands

Voteforpedr0 Mon 17-Oct-16 21:49:56

Next ones were the best I found nice bright ones for during the day and plain white ones for night. The ones with the built in mitts are by far the best as the seperate mitts you can buy just get lost in the middle of the night you can peel them pack during the day then pop them back over the hands at night.

scaredofthecity Mon 17-Oct-16 21:56:45

Sainsburys wash beautifully. I'd avoid Asda, they're too cheap and don't wash well and are just not as good quality.
If you can afford it I think m and s were the best but considerably more expensive.

CanIGoToBedNow Mon 17-Oct-16 21:57:41

Next - good quality and wash well

jellycat1 Mon 17-Oct-16 22:08:14

Agree with whiffles John Lewis to start with. Mine now live in white company and we chop the feet off the nice ones and stick socks on when DS2 starts growing out of them on the basis that there'll be no more babies!

bradleybecky Tue 18-Oct-16 20:16:55

thanks everyone! super helpful. how many do i need for a newborn in winter!? sizes are confusing me too....

NotWithoutMyMerkin Thu 20-Oct-16 09:23:55

You'll want a newborn size for the first couple of weeks (my 8lb 10 baby wore newborn size for about three weeks) and then 0-3 size. Some places also do an up to one month size which is between the two which you probably can do without. Lots of people don't use newborn size but I find it drowns a new baby and then end up with their legs stuck inside.

As to how many - everybody will answer differently. Remember, before you over order, that all these companies you can order online for next day delivery or send somebody to the shop/supermarket to get more. A baby can easily go through 2 or 3 sleepsuits a day and more if they are sticky or prone to nappy explosions. I'd say 9/10 of each size is a good start point - maybe fewer in the newborn size, and then see how you go

NotWithoutMyMerkin Thu 20-Oct-16 09:25:13

*but i find 0-3 size drowns a new baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now