Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Wide/Deep Shoes

(3 Posts)
Kingfisher123 Mon 12-Sep-16 18:09:55

Our 12 year old daughter has very wide and very deep feet and shoe shopping is very challenging, particularly for school shoes. She's currently got some that fit but they are not a particularly nice style. There's quite a few companies that sell wide and deep shoes for adults (with removable insoles) but these styles are not suitable for impressionable girls. Looking at previous threads there seems to be quite a lot of children with wide/deep feet so I'm sure there's a market for one company to make something more stylish. If anyone can offer any advice I'd love to hear it. Thank you.

BikeRunSki Mon 12-Sep-16 18:23:12

I am a wide size 8 or 9, and don't really wear "ladies" shoes much. I get lots of "school shoes" type shoes from Clark's and do fairly well in Next boys' section for casual shoes. Birkenstock are wide and do an even wider wide fit. Dr Marten's "fashion" range (rather than work boots) are wide, as are White Stuff and M&S (kids and adults) generally. I have no idea how a 12 year old might feel about these shops though.

BikeRunSki Mon 12-Sep-16 18:25:27

Just remembered - Angulus do lovely, deep wide kids shoes. They are pricey though, but lovely. I am constantly disappointed by my children's dainty narrow feet when we go shoe shopping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now