This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

H&M sizing - confused but doesn't this seem very off?

(11 Posts)
skybluepinkish Sat 23-Jul-16 19:23:37

Hello all

I ordered some baby clothes from H&M online as I thought they were cute but they seem much smaller than I was expecting.

Attached a pic of the black H&M baby grow (2 - 4 months) on top of the much bigger white baby grow (a boots one - same size as others from various shops - 0- 3 months). Also next to a coke bottle and my hand for size reference.

Do these look off to everyone else too? Is H&M normal and everywhere else big?

dementedma Sat 23-Jul-16 19:27:04

I find H & M sizes very small. I'm a 14/16 but the blouse which fitted was a size 20!!!!! I've never been a 20 in my life.

schbittery Sat 23-Jul-16 19:29:18

Their baby sizes are small imo, I always bought from there as mine were quite little. I think the mistake is thinking that their 2-4 m would be equivalent to a 0-3 m everywhere else, which it should be of course, but they are more like newborn I seem to remember. They also have a 0-1 m which is dinky.

hazelnutlatte Sat 23-Jul-16 19:39:47

Not relevant to the thread sorry but where on earth did the topic 'clothes and shoes' appear from?

leccybill Sat 23-Jul-16 19:42:22

Whoa there - what's this topic?

Abominablebride Sat 23-Jul-16 19:45:16

I find H&M comes up very small. The very slim girl who served me in there was chatting about the jeans and said she always goes 2 sizes up.

BertieBotts Sat 23-Jul-16 19:51:41

I think this topic is buried under Products.

H&M baby clothes come up small and slim.

BrexitentialCrisis Sat 23-Jul-16 19:55:23

Yes they are very slim, perfect for my two skinny Malinks- especially those crossover vests. Their stretchy legging things are great though- my little girl is now a year and still fits her 2-4 month ones because the top half folds on itself so becomes twice the length of you need it to! Genius!

TheLongRains Sat 23-Jul-16 20:11:25

This is so weird! I always think they're big! My 1 year old (just turned 1), is still in their 6-9m vests, and only just possibly needing 9-12m. She's not tiny. She's in 9-12m in supermarket vests. Same sizings with trousers.

IsItTimeForWine Sat 08-Oct-16 14:31:57

I tried on some jeans that appeared to be a size 14 and they fitted perfectly. When I looked more closely that was the American/European size and they were actually a U.K. Size 18! The sizing in H&M is very very strangeconfused

Floggingmolly Sat 08-Oct-16 14:36:53

That's a gorgeous baby grow! But Jesus; the size of a coke bottle?? How ridiculous... Vanity sizing for babies? confused. Assuming anyone actually wants a coke bottle sized 4 month old

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now