Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

High heels for bunions

(9 Posts)
Teenymum Wed 13-Jul-16 20:59:53

I'm off to the races next month and would really like to wear a nice pair of high heels, the problem is bunions! I know that within a few hours my feet will be killing me and I'll just want to put a pair of flats on. Can anyone recommend the most comfortable high heels for bunions?

WellTidy Wed 13-Jul-16 21:04:53

I have hideous bunions and the only heels I would wear are either wedges or Mary Janes. The sole must be super soft and flexible too. M and s foot glove wide fitting are good for me.

Teenymum Wed 13-Jul-16 22:01:50

I've a few pairs of M&S footglove, I agree they are comfy but I'm looking for something a bit more dressy, I also have arthritis in my toes which is very uncomfortable when wearing court shoes, if only you could have foot replacements!

WellTidy Wed 13-Jul-16 22:05:57

Foot glove do occasionally do smarter shoes and sandals. I have some nude foot glove Mary Jane heels which I really look after so that they look good for occasions. Have you tried eBay? I've bought brand new foot glove wedges on there recently that were from a previous season.

Teenymum Thu 14-Jul-16 10:26:28

I've googled shoes for bunions and keep coming across foot braces/supports to wear with shoes, have you ever tried them?

WellTidy Thu 14-Jul-16 18:06:33

I haven't, sorry.

MiaowJario Thu 14-Jul-16 18:12:28

Another vote for wedges. Especially for the races, less likely to sink into the turf.

2016Hopeful Mon 18-Jul-16 11:04:11

www.hushpuppies.com/UK/en_GB/eva-farris/20792W.html?dwvar_20792W_color=HW05277-408#cgid=women-shoes&start=1

These are really comfy and seem to hide my bunions! I wore them with a smartish summer dress at the weekend though they are on the casual side.

WellTidy Mon 18-Jul-16 11:47:42

2016 How much flex is there in the sole of those hush puppies please? I've never been able to wear anything with cork or a platform under my feet as I tend to need a lot of flex in the soles of shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now