Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Simply Be clothes & sizes

(12 Posts)
chubbyandcheerful Mon 28-Mar-16 16:15:46

Hi

Has anyone ordered from Simply Be? I'm usually a size 14-16 but after just having a c-section I'm a size 18-20 and was hoping to buy some stretchy jeans from there until I lose a bit weight... But Simply Be don't seem to have any size info apart from US site? Do I convert my US size to UK size before ordering? And does anyone know if their sizes run big or small?

Fishcake72 Mon 28-Mar-16 16:21:25

No idea about the conversion but when I used to order from them a couple of years ago the sizes were really big, especially on top.

Muddlewitch Mon 28-Mar-16 16:23:18

Agree with pp their stuff comes up really big.

YouAreMyRain Mon 28-Mar-16 16:32:27

I'm a 20 and I can unattractively squeeze into a simply be size 14 dress

chubbyandcheerful Mon 28-Mar-16 18:17:18

Wow really? That sounds really big... Now I don't know what size jeans to order! I normally struggle with jeans as I'm bottom heavy lol big thighs and bum! grin

iyamehooru Mon 28-Mar-16 19:14:38

Try primary stretch skinny jeans, they go up to 18 or 20 and are a lot cheaper than simply be.

KatieChooChoo Mon 28-Mar-16 19:19:22

Agree with the posters, Simply Be are big sizes in jeans.
Have you tried Asda or Matalan? I stock to the faithful black jeggings after my DS. !

Hiddlesnake Mon 28-Mar-16 19:21:58

New Look "Inspire" range of jeans are good. Their skinny jeggings are great.
Simply Be jeans are terrible to fit.

chubbyandcheerful Tue 29-Mar-16 00:32:27

My legs are such a horrible shape, literally like tree trunks, that I can't wear skinny or straight leg without looking like a clown confused and Simply Be had kick flare jeans and bootleg jeggings that are the only types that suit my shape... I'm gutted now really! I might have to just get some black trousers from Next instead!

USERNAME213 Tue 29-Mar-16 01:44:30

I like a pair of their shoes but I don't actually need a wide fit. Would it matter, if I stuck a few insoles in?

jellyjiggles Tue 29-Mar-16 02:47:40

Sainsburys and new look for jeans! I'm also thunderous of thigh and I have great trouble getting trousers.

Muddlewitch Tue 29-Mar-16 18:27:18

The simply be ones are roomy in the leg, you just need to size down if you want them to fit on the waist, even sizing down they will be be a generous cut in the legs. I even find I need to size down in their boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now