Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Shoes for toddler with wide square feet, very high instep

(10 Posts)
UnDeuxCrois Tue 09-Feb-16 20:17:16

Where is the best place to find them?

In clarks last time we had to go up half a size because even the h width fitting was too tight. I think DS's feet are a bit less chubby now but are still very wide.

Pinkvici22 Tue 09-Feb-16 20:21:47

I had the same problem with my DD when she started walking (not quite so bad now at 3.5).

We went to a local independent shop which stocked Portuguese and Spanish leather shoes - not sure about boys shoes but we were advised they were wider and leather was softer.

We had makes like Petasil (sp?), Bo-bel, Agatha Ruiz De La Prada. All gorgeous shoes.

FoxesSitOnBoxes Tue 09-Feb-16 20:28:46

See Kai Run shoes. Lovely soft leather and very good for high instep. Have a look at happylittlesoles.co.uk. They're really helpful and will suggest specific shoes if you email requirements

cheapandcheerful Tue 09-Feb-16 20:29:04

We had the same thing with dd. We saw a physio when she still wasn't walking at 19mo and the physio recommended Hush Puppies for high insteps. And said to avoid Clarks like the plague.

FoxesSitOnBoxes Tue 09-Feb-16 20:29:49

Also some geox trainers have fitted DD and her high instep

BeaufortBelle Tue 09-Feb-16 20:36:25

DD was an H. Start-rite came up wider than Clarks and were better for the high instep. Don't know if it's still so. She still struggles as an older teenager.

ZiggyFartFace Tue 09-Feb-16 20:39:43

We had this. Start-rite mostly the best fit. Boots with a zip can be better than shoes.

CMOTDibbler Tue 09-Feb-16 20:46:42

We used to go to independent shops which sold Geox, Ricosta etc. Ds has high insteps and wide feet, and it has got easier as his feet got bigger - well, as in we only have to search out the elusive Clarks H fitting in a good shape now!

BeaufortBelle Tue 09-Feb-16 23:05:44

My DD has to compromise with the rarely found "trendy/quirky" Hotter sad

UnDeuxCrois Wed 10-Feb-16 08:17:38

Thank you everyone! This is really helpful. Clarks have gone down in my estimation a lot since their entire girls' range started being pink and sparkly. Their sizes also seem pretty random.

My local independent doesn't stock H width fitting due to lack of demand, so will try happylittlesoles.co.uk

Will also look at start rite. For some reason I always thought these were just for narrow feet!

I wear hotter shoes grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now