Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Shoes for toddler with wide square feet, very high instep

(10 Posts)
UnDeuxCrois Tue 09-Feb-16 20:17:16

Where is the best place to find them?

In clarks last time we had to go up half a size because even the h width fitting was too tight. I think DS's feet are a bit less chubby now but are still very wide.

Pinkvici22 Tue 09-Feb-16 20:21:47

I had the same problem with my DD when she started walking (not quite so bad now at 3.5).

We went to a local independent shop which stocked Portuguese and Spanish leather shoes - not sure about boys shoes but we were advised they were wider and leather was softer.

We had makes like Petasil (sp?), Bo-bel, Agatha Ruiz De La Prada. All gorgeous shoes.

FoxesSitOnBoxes Tue 09-Feb-16 20:28:46

See Kai Run shoes. Lovely soft leather and very good for high instep. Have a look at happylittlesoles.co.uk. They're really helpful and will suggest specific shoes if you email requirements

cheapandcheerful Tue 09-Feb-16 20:29:04

We had the same thing with dd. We saw a physio when she still wasn't walking at 19mo and the physio recommended Hush Puppies for high insteps. And said to avoid Clarks like the plague.

FoxesSitOnBoxes Tue 09-Feb-16 20:29:49

Also some geox trainers have fitted DD and her high instep

BeaufortBelle Tue 09-Feb-16 20:36:25

DD was an H. Start-rite came up wider than Clarks and were better for the high instep. Don't know if it's still so. She still struggles as an older teenager.

ZiggyFartFace Tue 09-Feb-16 20:39:43

We had this. Start-rite mostly the best fit. Boots with a zip can be better than shoes.

CMOTDibbler Tue 09-Feb-16 20:46:42

We used to go to independent shops which sold Geox, Ricosta etc. Ds has high insteps and wide feet, and it has got easier as his feet got bigger - well, as in we only have to search out the elusive Clarks H fitting in a good shape now!

BeaufortBelle Tue 09-Feb-16 23:05:44

My DD has to compromise with the rarely found "trendy/quirky" Hotter sad

UnDeuxCrois Wed 10-Feb-16 08:17:38

Thank you everyone! This is really helpful. Clarks have gone down in my estimation a lot since their entire girls' range started being pink and sparkly. Their sizes also seem pretty random.

My local independent doesn't stock H width fitting due to lack of demand, so will try happylittlesoles.co.uk

Will also look at start rite. For some reason I always thought these were just for narrow feet!

I wear hotter shoes grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: