Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Is it ok to spoil yourself?

(9 Posts)
Laus01 Tue 09-Feb-16 12:10:25

My BF who is also a mummy told me she'd had a clear out and was now alternating between the only 2 bras that fit her. So shes done this underwear subscription thing so she'll get a new set a month. My underwear is hideous so I want to do the same. Its only 30 quid a month but I'm wondering if it's frivolous to just treat myself?!

TheVeryThing Tue 09-Feb-16 12:14:06

Provided you can afford it, you can spend your money on whatever the hell you want.
There is no need to justify it or seek permission from anyone.
Presumably you have a budget and know how much you have to spend on yourself per month?
If so, then just make your choice and enjoy it.

Lottapianos Tue 09-Feb-16 12:19:03

You're an adult OP - spend your money on what you want. Do it wisely, as VeryThing said - make a budget and be sensible about it. I know from bitter experience that spending money you don't actually have is no fun at all! If you can afford it and it will make you happy, go for it!

Laus01 Tue 09-Feb-16 12:19:19

Thanks TheVeryThing! Yeah you are probably right and I can afford it but just not used to thinking about myself these days!

Laus01 Tue 09-Feb-16 12:27:58

Thanks Lottapianos. A happy mum is a happy home ...and all that!

PurpleDaisies Tue 09-Feb-16 12:32:01

I'd be a little bit wary about using subscription services (fabletics anyone?) but if you need new undies, go and buy some! If you go in person you're more likely to get something that fits.

Laus01 Tue 09-Feb-16 12:45:02

Ha- have you used fabletics *PurpleDaisies"? Is it bad? I've not tried it but i'm starting to feel like i see more of Kate Hudson than I do of my OH. I'm not sure I do enough exercise to justify it anyway. My friend recommended the lingerie susbcription and showed me the first outfit- was really nice, but yeah you could be right about the fit. i like the idea of it feeling like a gift every month though- desperate?! OH is not the best at gifts..last year he got me a tin that said "Sentimental cr@p" on the front with nothing in it and so far this year he has bought me a jumper for our anniversary and 2 jumpers for Christmas. He reckons they will pay for themselves in savings on the heating!

PurpleDaisies Tue 09-Feb-16 12:47:39

Not personally but there are always threads on here complaining about how bad they are! It warned me off. My sports kit is mainly from h and m and tk maxx.

This thread has inspired me to go to bravissimo this weekend! Thanks. smile

Laus01 Tue 09-Feb-16 13:32:27

Amazing- good luck at bravissimo. Got a friend a fitting and some sets there once for her birthday- nice stuff. Wish me luck at The Goddess Project. I'm taking the plunge guys! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now