Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Sweatshop-free maternity?

(5 Posts)
shirleybrown Mon 01-Feb-16 21:24:08

Hi wondering if anyone can help, I'm hugely anti sweatshops and child labour but none of the brands I'm happy to wear seem to do maternity. I have managed to find jeans ok and am eeking out a number of regular tops etc but am struggling to find bump band and some bamboo leggings as all the search results for these products seem to kick up brands/stores I boycott. I have emailed Jo Maman who say they produce in China so can't be sure. Any recommendations? Thanks!

BikeRunSki Mon 01-Feb-16 21:29:21

Second hand from eBay. Not strictly sweatshop-free, but not placing demand for that industry either.

Have you looked for stretchy jersey dresses on People Tree? Braintree and Mudd&Water do a lot of tunic style tops and leggings - not sure if they are non-sweatshop or just organic.

BikeRunSki Mon 01-Feb-16 21:31:59

Any interest?

shirleybrown Tue 02-Feb-16 14:09:54

Thanks BikeRunSki, love the Braintree leggings think I'll have to wait a few months though!

NewBallsPlease00 Fri 03-Mar-17 01:16:00

Please please don't assume over seas is bad! M&s, next, h&m, tesco, Sainsburys etc have judge social compliance programs in their factories, they have them to protect their product, the workforce and brand! Look at retailers who seem as though they generally try and do right thing and then dig deeper- they will all have ethical pieces on websites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now