Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Search for THE toddler boy's winter coat

(9 Posts)
Beeegcuddle Mon 19-Oct-15 15:02:47

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good winter coat for a 2/3 year old boy? I am going round in circles and can't seem to find the perfect one.

Ideally, it will be warm, waterproof (or at least showerproof) and not make him look like a Michelin man / be good for running around the playground but still look smart.

I am not sure this exists...

nicolehello Tue 20-Oct-15 18:23:40

Hello,

I run a childrens and babies wear outlet so can offer a bit of help but it really depends on your budget. The really big michelin man ones aren't always the warmest as they have been often been bulked out with synthetic filler so I would check the label on anything you read. If your budget can stretch to it, I would look for natural down as they are much lighter but also warmer than synthetic.

Their big drawback though is cost as they are much more expensive - if you do prefer the synthetic route, look for things like thinsulate or thermolite, as these are good synthetic alternatives to down and aren't as bulky as some of the others. With either if you want to have one that also works for more smart occasions, then ones with a fur trim I find look much smarter.

The other thing is length for 2/3 I would probably avoid the knee length ones as they aren't great for running around in.

We have some at www.halfpintchic.com/shop-by-clothing-type/coats-jackets and over half term are running a free shipping promo.

Other places to look
www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/clothing/uq/kids-boys/outerwear/
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Kid's+Coats+and+Jackets/5106,default,sc.html

Hope that helps!

MaryPoppinPills Tue 20-Oct-15 18:29:54

Have a look at the regatta coats on debhanams website. I got my 3yo one of there and it lovely and warm also waterproof and windproof without being huge and bulky

CanISayOfHerFace Tue 20-Oct-15 18:35:01

We have this one m.zara.com/uk/en/kids/baby-boy-%7C-3-months-4-years/coats/parka-with-detachable-lining-and-hood-c269286p2774989.html and although not waterproof it is gorgeous on and has a removable inner part which is lovely and cosy. We've had lots of comments... It's big on cute factor smile

Paddingtonthebear Tue 20-Oct-15 18:46:40

Muddy Puddles. They are expensive at full price but get on their website tonight as they have a sale ending today and some of their coats are heavily discounted. I bought my 3yr old one of the blizzard ski jackets a few months ago for £19 reduced from £65 and it is fabulous, wadded and fleece lined so very warm, fully waterproof and machine washable.

www.muddypuddles.com/m/sale_4

Previously I've bought a ski jacket from H&M kids range and it was great, that was £20.

Beeegcuddle Wed 21-Oct-15 12:22:01

Thanks so much everyone for your suggestions. Really helpful and much appreciated.

ISpidersmanYouMeanPirate Wed 21-Oct-15 12:39:18

We love the thinsulate stormwear coats from M&S. Fleece lined, waterproof, hoods which actually stay on, and not bulky. dS1 is on his 3rd! (As he grows I mean). Several choices of colour and machine washable and can tumble dry.

Jojay Wed 21-Oct-15 12:51:20

Jojo Maman Bebe do a great waterproof coat with fleece lining that ticks your boxes. I've had 3 over the years and they've all been brilliant.

drspouse Wed 21-Oct-15 13:36:51

We got DS a Boden coat with stars on this year. Previously we have got the JJMMBB one and it's huge so if you are reaching the top end of the age range (I can't remember what it is) you will probably be OK!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now