Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Most cost effective way to buy kids shoes please?

(17 Posts)
Whoknewitcouldbeso Sun 13-Sep-15 11:41:28

I know children's shoes are expensive, but my son is nearly three and grows out of them so quickly!

I have a clarks shoe guide at home and was doing a grand job of getting shoes on eBay for a fourth of the price, pretty much brand new. However I'm now moving into the sizes where the child is much more active and thus the shoes I'm looking at now second hand are too used to be ok if that makes sense.

So I just wondered if everyone else is just buying full price Clarks or Start Rite shoes and sucking it up or if there is a more cost effective way to do it that I'm missing?

Thank you.

holeinmyheart Sun 13-Sep-15 16:49:19

My friend gets her children's feet measured and then goes to Car boots to get the next two sizes up. I don't think she has ever bought new shoes.

I don't think much of this but then I wasn't forced to do it.

She knows all the sizes, and it is true that you do get lots of shoes hardly used, because she shows me them. Her DCs feet are perfect. Her children are 8 and 14

They are always clean and smart looking.

ChunkyPickle Sun 13-Sep-15 16:52:40

Never buy full price - I go to the Clarks sale shops and get last season's styles (same as this seasons style, but with a different animal usually) - 20quid a pair - half price compared to the standard shop.

I have better luck with Jones the Bootmaker online - I've got winter boots for DS for a tenner before.

Whoknewitcouldbeso Sun 13-Sep-15 19:27:32

With the sales they tend to be end of season (obviously). So unless I know what he will be the following autumn I can't see how that works. Car boots it don't do but I guess I could, I think there is one pretty local to me.

Whoknewitcouldbeso Sun 13-Sep-15 19:29:16

I am 20 weeks pregnant with another boy so I at least have all the shoes he has gone through to pass over to his brother. That's pretty helpful until he starts really wearing them out at school.

YouMakeMyDreams Sun 13-Sep-15 19:33:14

Tk max can be good for kids shoes. You do have to pop in fairly regularly but there are some bargains to be had on good quality shoes loads of continental makes too.
Although tbh as the dc got older and had less awkward fitting feet I tended to just buy from the regular high street shops rather than start rite.

Misnomer Sun 13-Sep-15 19:35:07

Chunky pickle means clarks shops that are permanently in sale ie outlet stores. They'll carry the right shoes for the season but they will be last years stock and about half price. They offer the same fitting service as the normal clarks. I find that with boys shoes in particular that styles vary so little year on year that it makes very little difference, aside from the price.

BendyBusBuggy Sun 13-Sep-15 19:41:47

www.shoesforkids.co.uk or amazon are good places to lok too

BendyBusBuggy Sun 13-Sep-15 19:42:06

Look

LoadsaBlusher Wed 16-Sep-15 21:27:02

Clarks have an actual EBay shop.
It sells brand new end of line items
Kids shoes start at £5

I also get cheap kids converse from Amazon from as little as £9 brand new
I just scour EBay for Buy it now , lowest price and postage by brands and select condition "New"

I am on EBay daily blush so get loads of bargains.

M & M Direct is good for kids brands too.

Psycobabble Wed 16-Sep-15 21:33:19

I rarely got ds feet measured he's always had massive feet he's in a size 13 age 4 shock

Since the cheaper shops don't do the half size of width fittings anyway it seemed pointless unless I was going to only buy shoes in the shop were they were measured which round here would be clarkes and I wouldn't pay those prices all the time ! Plus I don't always like the style of there shoes anyway.
I try the show on in the shop if it fits and is comfy for him il buy them . Never had any discomfort or problems

Psycobabble Wed 16-Sep-15 21:34:39

Shoe not show !

Lucked Wed 16-Sep-15 21:37:47

I buy on Amazon. I do regular searches of geox, richter, ricosta and a few more makes and often find bargains.

I have had great finds in the Charles clincard sales on-line.

LoadsaBlusher Thu 17-Sep-15 10:54:18

Amazon warehouse deals are also great for kids shoes
They show as used in the search but this usually just means damaged box or that the swing tag is present but not physically attached to the shoe.

I have had Havainas flip flops for the kids for as little as £4, Vans for £8.

Love a bargain grin

glowfrog Thu 12-Nov-15 17:55:51

You can get pretty nice and durable shoes from H&M.

kathrynh02 Fri 04-Dec-15 13:12:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

opiumm Wed 13-Jan-16 21:17:18

As for me, I prefer buying online here www.kswiss.com/kids/boys good prices, always sales, nice quality and u don't need to spent much time on shopping.It's kinda easy;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now