Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Help please - Startrite vs Clarks sizing, can only buy online

(3 Posts)
Peregrin Thu 16-Jul-15 14:24:43

Does anyone know how the sizing of Startrite and Clarks shoes compare? I live abroad where the local shops don't tend to offer different width shoes, and my toddler's feet are extra wide.

I've bought a Clarks gauge and I've been ordering from them online. I would really like to shop from Startrite as well, not the least for the upcoming baptism of my DS. However, their customer service could not help me identify the shoe size I'd need even after I gave them the measurements we get with the gauge that we have. They seem to use different metrics, and they decline to say how their sizes compare to Clarks. I really don't want to fork out for another gauge plus international delivery.

Long story short, what would a 6.5W in Clarks correspond to in Startrite sizing? Anyone who has used both brands?

Thanks very much in advance!

hotdog74 Sun 19-Jul-15 14:19:44

Hi,
I have had my DD measured many times on both Clarks and startrite measures and she is consistently half a size smaller in Startrite. Therefore a 6.5 Clarks is a 6 Startrite from our experience.
both Clarks and Startrite have an H fitting as the widest one I think, but DD has narrow feet so not 100% sure about that.

Peregrin Tue 21-Jul-15 14:45:49

A reply! and what a useful one. Thanks so much hotdog!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now