This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

newborn tights

(9 Posts)
zannary Wed 06-May-15 14:29:44

I have bought several pairs of tights and none fit. my daughter is 4 weeks old and is a healthy size but tights are so baggy. mothercare tights dont fit and most shops only stock upto 3 months. can anyone help?

Stinkersmum Wed 06-May-15 14:33:44

I have to ask; why bother? Baby grows and sleep suits is all you need at that age. Easier for you and much more comfortable for the baby.

MrsBradleyCooper Wed 06-May-15 14:41:01

Obviously it's your personal preference, but if I were you I would just keep her in a vest and babygro for a while. Must be so fiddly getting tights on a newborn anyway? Not to mention tsunami nappies etc shock

FATEdestiny Wed 06-May-15 14:50:34

Wash them a few times, they'll soon shrink.

Or wait a couple of weeks and they'll fit her... for all of maybe 3 or 4 weeks before they are too small and you need the next size grin

Or just enjoy the sleepsuit phase, because it's gone all too quickly.

Heels99 Wed 06-May-15 14:53:34

Tights? Just use baby grows!

zannary Wed 06-May-15 15:06:13

I wanted them for a special occasion. I put her in socks but would like her to be warm.

I don't like her being in baby grows all the time, they're for bed time in my opinion. not to mention she has the longest legs and biggest feet and not many baby grows fit her properly.

Stinkersmum Wed 06-May-15 15:12:10

Jojo Baby grows come up long in the legs. And they do nice patterned ones for fancy occasions.

GlitterTwinkleToes Wed 06-May-15 15:12:17

I had the same problem. I accidentally put them on a boil wash and they fitted for a week before they were too small.

JC74 Wed 06-May-15 15:25:37

We got some first size baby tights from George (Asda). They were quite a bit smaller than the 0-3 months tights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now