Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Waterproof trousers for skinny 11 year old?

(8 Posts)
frozenmad Sat 03-Jan-15 08:38:27

I'm looking for waterproof trousers (ideally fleece lined) for my skinny 11 year DD, preferably with an adjustable waist so that the legs fit!. Can anyone recommend a brand please?

IamTitanium Sat 03-Jan-15 15:17:13

Do you have a go outdoors shop near you? You could then try on lots of different brands to get the best fit.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 03-Jan-15 15:24:00

Berghaus are excellent, pricey but good quality. Ds1 is very skinny and he gets on with them.

Mountain warehouse also do some which are very similar. Both have zips up the side so they are easy to get on and off over footwear. Neither are fleece lined though, they are both over trousers so I imagine fleece lined would be a bit bulky.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sat 03-Jan-15 15:25:20

Have you tried ski wear?

EddieStobbart Sat 03-Jan-15 18:52:39

Sounds like salopettes would be best

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 04-Jan-15 22:20:12

These are quite good and they've got braces so your skinny dd will be able to keep them up.

frozenmad Tue 06-Jan-15 16:40:01

Thanks very much for the recommendations. The braces look like an excellent idea. Thanks! gringrin

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 06-Jan-15 22:10:13

You're welcome. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now