This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Age 14 - Boden/Gap no longer fit, where to shop?

(13 Posts)
Sunnyshores Fri 05-Sep-14 10:41:12

Thats it really, at a bit of a loss for DS.

chinamoon Fri 05-Sep-14 22:06:56

XS and S men's sizes in Hollister & Uniqlo. They wash well, last forever and DSs think they are cool. Hollister sales are frequent. The clothes are pretty classic/plain.

Madamecastafiore Fri 05-Sep-14 22:07:49

Dd loves Jack Wills. Sorry to say but a bit classier than Hollister which is everywhere!

chinamoon Fri 05-Sep-14 22:11:44

Is it? or is it Hollister rip offs? I see really ugly Hollister tee shirts all over the place on blokes who have no dress sense, with the brand emblazoned on them. But the ones I see in the shop are really tasteful with discreet little bird logos and as soft as a new-born's skin. I got converted when I realised how snugly they made the DC seem. Not tried Jack Wills but seen that emblazoned everywhere on yoofs of a certain age.

thetropicmama7 Wed 08-Oct-14 17:58:14

Animal and Abercrombie seem to be a hit with that age group.

cheo16 Fri 14-Nov-14 13:02:16

Looking for a winter coat for my 11 year old son he wants a superdry which I'm watching on eBay any other suggestions tia

wannabestressfree Fri 14-Nov-14 13:04:00

My boys wear
Hollister
Abercrombie
Next for jeans
Jack wills
Top man

Cheshireblue Thu 07-May-15 18:34:09

Next goes up to 16 but only online

glittertits Thu 07-May-15 18:42:59

Classy? Jack Wills?

Have you tried Zara small mens sizes?

Morgan Thu 07-May-15 18:46:48

Mr DS 13.5 is now in small men's from Primark ( who also do xs) River Island (ditto ) as he doesn't mind about the labels . Also surf brands go up to 16 Quiksilver etc . Got him PJ's in Burtins the other day in small and they're ok too . What about Johnnie B ? ( only get it in the sale )

SilasGreenback Thu 07-May-15 18:55:24

How slight is he? My 13 year old went straight into men's Gap 28 inch waist (worn with a belt or short kinds of low slung) but he is kind of stocky/ muscular as the main problem with Gap kids was getting them round his thighs. The older one I find Next and Hollister better as they are narrower fit and Gap stuff was falling down.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 07-May-15 18:57:54

My DSes once grown out of children's sizes aged about 13/14 then shopped at:

SuperDry
Hollister
Top Man
River Island
Jack Wills

Timeandtune Thu 07-May-15 19:01:03

Top Man and H&M here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now