Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Best quality babywear on the highstreet?

(7 Posts)
KLouiseHerts8 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:06:11

Where do you think sells the best quality baby clothing on the highstreet? Do you think Mothercare are best in terms of quality or are Next/M&S/supermarkets just as good?

SavoyCabbage Wed 26-Mar-14 21:13:13

I would say they are all similar if you are talking babygros, vests etc.

vichill Thu 27-Mar-14 16:00:58

all the same to me so unless it's exceptionally cute or to my taste I wouldn't spend next, mamas and papas, mother care non sale prices.

crazykat Thu 27-Mar-14 16:11:04

I'd say they're all about the same quality just different styles.

They all have really good things that wash very well and others that don't.

The cheap tshirts in primark don't wash or wear very well but are great for park/playing out clothes. That said I stupidly bought dd1 a my little pony tshirt from next which was £9 and was awful quality even compared to primark £1.50 tshirts.

I do prefer next/m&s/mothercare for newborn sleep suits as they all have built in scratch mitts whereas sleep suits from asda etc only have them on a few.

crazykat Thu 27-Mar-14 16:13:29

Debenhams have really cute tshirts with built in popper vests that wash very well and are lovely and soft.

UriGeller Thu 27-Mar-14 16:14:26

I think Boots are better than Mothercare, the sizing is really roomy and they're soft but John Lewis are better still.

Vests I buy from tesco.

AngelaDaviesHair Thu 27-Mar-14 16:15:24

Boots is very good, certainly better than Mothercare.
M&S is fine.
The best vests and basic suits bar none are from Petit Bateau, but given their prices, that's how it should be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now