Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

UV and holiday clothing for 16 month old

(11 Posts)
minipie Mon 17-Mar-14 12:26:23

We are going somewhere hot and sunny (hopefully grin) with our very fair 16 month old DD in April. I need to get some UV clothing for her, ideally a long sleeve top and some shorts.

I also need a hat which will stay on, and I guess maybe some beach shoes?

I would prefer something that is not bright pink (she's a redhead and it doesn't suit her too well) and not peppa pig/disney themed <fussy> but obviously the main thing is that it's effective and comfy.

Any recommendations? Thank you!

soontobeslendergirl Mon 17-Mar-14 12:31:37

try sun-togs.co.uk

they have a good range with all sorts of colours.

soontobeslendergirl Mon 17-Mar-14 12:35:39

Next have quite a few in their sunsafe range - not all are pink smile

Sorry can't seem to get links to copy and paste i'm afraid.

minipie Mon 17-Mar-14 13:07:08

thanks very much, I will have a look.

minipie Mon 17-Mar-14 13:29:11

Next have a couple of lovely options, thank you! And matching hats too smile

soontobeslendergirl Mon 17-Mar-14 13:43:28

Aww - I'm sure she will look adorable smile

I still remember my two boys when they were little on their first sunny Holiday - we went to Menorca in the May before they turned 2 and 3 a few months later.

We kept the sun suits on during the day and took them off and put sun cream on them just at the last gasp of the sun in the late afternoon before heading back to the apartment, just to let them feel the warmth on there skin and top up vit D levels.

Just as a warning, be careful if you try to change a nappy on the beach! We were changing younger sons (wet nappy) and had carefully got if off, him clean and some cream on his bottom when eldest came running up and kicked sand all over which stuck to the cream! It was a nightmare getting it back off again without rubbing it like sandpaper!

minipie Mon 17-Mar-14 14:05:58

Ah thanks for the tips! Late afternoon strip off sounds like a good idea and I will be very cautious about nappies! Any thoughts on shoes - are beach shoes worthwhile do you think?

soontobeslendergirl Mon 17-Mar-14 14:13:43

hmm - i think they just tend to get a lot of sand trapped in them which makes them uncomfy. On the other hand they are handy for them walking in the water if the shells are a bit sharp.

I cant remember what we did (they are 13 and 12 now). They have definitely had those neoprene ones with the rubber soles at some points and I remember them having cheap sandles that i was okay with them wearing in the sea too. when they were a bit bigger they had crocs but those weren't around when they were really little so we defintely didn't have them then but you could probably get some in her size now. they'd be a lot easier to get on and off than the neoprene type ones.

soontobeslendergirl Mon 17-Mar-14 14:15:47

I suppose it depends on whether you are a pool family or a beach family. Although they love swimming in the pool, my two even now prefer to be in the sea so we tend to gather down by the beach rather than round the pool, as much as I hate the sand!

minipie Mon 17-Mar-14 16:25:06

Thanks! Yes I thought they might get sand trapped in too. I'm a beach person but no idea how DD will take to it yet. Also no idea if this particular sand is sharp or not... off to see if tripadvisor has any clues.

Thanks again

sbarclay1987 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:24:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now