Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Baby t-shirts that aren't pink

(10 Posts)
Purplemonster Wed 29-Jan-14 18:38:40

I'm looking for what appears to be the Holy grail of t-shirts, can anyone help?

I want 3-6 month long sleeved t-shirts for my DD. Sounds simple but as far as I can find they are all pink, covered in Disney characters or say things like 'Mummy's little princess' on them.

The boys ones are all blue or sludge coloured and have monsters or cars on them and the girls ones are all pink with bunnies, ruffles or the crap listed above. I just want nice bright t-shirts in red or yellow or green or purple or orange or any of the other colours than blue or pink that exist!

Does ANYONE know if such a thing exists and where I could find them? I'm on maternity leave so nothing too extortionate please!

callamia Wed 29-Jan-14 18:42:02

I have a few that I can post to you. We were given loads, but my supersized three month old looks ridiculous in them - they ride up over his tummy.

They are mainly striped, in a variety of colours. We were given them, so if you don't want them, then please feel free to send to charity.

RunRunRuby Wed 29-Jan-14 18:50:33

This comes in bright red and a few other non-pink colours. They had some others with pictures in non-pink colours, but not very bright. We always buy new baby presents from there as hate buying pink for girls and blue for boys, especially the really pale sickly pinks and blues baby clothes seem to come in, but usually find something more neutral in Next.

RunRunRuby Wed 29-Jan-14 18:57:35

Also if you would consider long sleeve bodysuits rather than t-shirts, there's some quite colourful ones in H&M stripy ones or plain (unfortunately some of the best colours seem to have sold out).

CitrusyOne Wed 29-Jan-14 19:00:17

I had exactly this issue springtime last year. We were going on holiday and dd was in 3-6 month clothes. Couldn't find decent ones anywhere. No help, I'm sorry, but what I've done this year is buy short sleeved ones when I've seen them (peacocks, primark etc) and put a long sleeved bodysuit underneath.

callamia Wed 29-Jan-14 19:00:41

The H&M ones are great. These are pretty much all I'm buying now.

Purplemonster Wed 29-Jan-14 22:12:06

Callamia, that is a very kind offer, are you sure it wouldn't be too much hassle for you? I would of course pay postage if you're sure you can be bothered - dont want to be a nuisance! I've got the opposite problem, my DD is 7 months but is absolutely tiny. 3-6 months will have plenty of growing room for her.

I haven't looked in H&M yet so will try to get there next week. I already put long sleeved body suits on under the long sleeved t-shirt and I find this usually keeps her nice and warm without needing a bulky cardigan but I like the short sleeved over long sleeved vest idea, going to try that when it warms up.

callamia Thu 30-Jan-14 07:41:17

You'd be welcome. Have PM'd you.

lackingideas Thu 30-Jan-14 07:44:58

I've found boots and mother care quite good for non pink stuff.

sbarclay1987 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:27:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now