Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

First walking shoes for very small feet

(4 Posts)
Kittykatmacbill Fri 24-Jan-14 16:14:10

My DD is eight and half months and is walking on fingers and pulling herself up and down, and is generally super close to walking. And already insists on going down to walk on fingers outside. Which is super cute and all, BUT, she has tiny feet, and doesn't yet fit her 0-6 month pram shoes so is currently wearing a pare of new born decorative leather mocosans. Which obviously only offers minimal protection and no support. So we went to 2 differant baby shoe shops (Clarks and start right retailers) and they both said her feet are below a size 1 and she will be at least a year before she fits in size 2 (the first size). My question is what did other people do in this situation? We can't be the first people this has happened to!
Ps - she is barefoot inside, but the Scottish climate isn't great for this outside.

ceeveebee Fri 24-Jan-14 16:17:40

As far as I was told, walking shoes are not necessary until have been properly walking for 6 weeks or so (not just cruising or finger walking). Feet don't need support at that age, just need to be as unrestricted as possible. So I would get some cruising shoes/pre walkers, or waterproof bootee type things.

SpottyTeacakes Fri 24-Jan-14 16:20:26

How about these agree they shouldn't wear shoes until properly walking for six weeks

sbarclay1987 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:29:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now