Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Baby started walking at 10 months - need nice shoes!

(5 Posts)
greenla23 Mon 24-Sep-12 12:34:41

Hi,
My baby girl is walking and is 10 months. So I need to get her some nice walking shoes. Can anyone recommend anywhere other than Clarks, as I dont think they have nice styles for a baby girl and also her feet are too small to fit even the smallest size cruising shoe!
Thanks

frazzledbutcalm Mon 24-Sep-12 21:14:59

Have you even been to Clarks to get her measured?

McPhee Mon 24-Sep-12 21:19:48

I don't want to be the one to pop your bubble, but just because she's just started walking doesn't mean she needs shoes. Her bones are still soft, and putting her feet in shoes too soon can cause damage. Their feet need time to settle.

It's recommended children are walking for at least 6 weeks before you introduce shoes.

And as her feet are too small for even the smallest cruising shoes, that must tell you something?

HappySunflower Mon 24-Sep-12 22:45:16

I would go to an independent shoe shop and look at their First Walker shoes. They give the ankle support that little ones need once they start walking, but have very soft soles which help the bones of their feet to continue to grow.

I actually prefer Start Rite and Hush Puppies to Clarks as find their shoes far softer for little feet.

Teamthrills Mon 24-Sep-12 22:51:33

Both of my dds walked by 10 months. They were size 2.5 by the time they had their first walking shoes. Dd1 had a pair of start rite shoes (the only ones available in this size I think). Dd2 borrowed cruising shoes in this size from a friend and had a lovely pair of size 3 first walkers from clarks. There isn't really much to choose from when they're so little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now