Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

5 y o girl - what shoes for winter

(2 Posts)
Belgrano Tue 25-Oct-11 16:43:56

OK so DD's just started school. She therefore has some expensive proper school shoes. But they look pretty grim with her real clothes.
Do most people also spend another £40 on some proper fitted Start-rite/Clarks shoes to wear for 'casual'? Or just trainers and then she has to go to parties in trainers?
Needs new wellies too. We have a dog so lots of walks (when I buy cheapies they split within a few weeks and she also moans about cold feet in winter, however many pairs of socks she has, so I was going to buy something sturdier eg Startrite or Hunter to get insulation and hardwearing-ness but its another expenditure.

So - school shoes, casual shoes, wellies, possibly trainers....All expensive pairs of shoes. It feels a lot for one 3 month period (till feet grow again....!)

What do you do?

azazello Tue 25-Oct-11 20:51:46

We do school shoes and trainers. Most of the parties she goes to are softplay/ running around type things so trainers are perfect and fit in with what we usually do at the weekends anyway. She has hand-me-down wellies from her cousin.

I wouldn't get another pair of fitted shoes for casual - I think I'd go to Next or something and get some which will fall to pieces very quickly but look pretty if she needs it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now