Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Walking Boots

(2 Posts)
FroOOOOOtshoOOOOOOts Wed 19-Oct-11 12:04:11

Whilst cleaning my walking boots today I noticed that they seem to be held together by mud grin so I think it's time to invest in a new pair of walking / hiking boots

Can anyone recommend a make of walking boot that they have been particularly happy with?
I usually have trouble finding any that remain waterproof for long and I need them to be not too clumpy and not too expensive (up to £60/£70)

AKMD Wed 19-Oct-11 12:20:10

I have Salomon (sp?) boots that have lasted 10 years and counting and have never given me blisters.

I would say though that it's really best to go to a proper walking shop and get them to measure your feet, look at your foot shape and suggest which would fit you best. Walking boots all have different casts and it's better to go for one that fits your foot than the perceived top brand. The walking shop I went to had a mock-up of a mountain for me to try the boots on so I could see what would be most comfortable. It was a chain but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now