Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

What do you think about personalised clothes?

(11 Posts)
nappyaddict Fri 16-Sep-11 22:36:17

I have found a page on facebook that does funky kids clothes and they can be personalised. I can't decide what I think about them yet. A couple of examples of the designs they do are here and here.

They also do accessories and things like scratch mitts, bibs, hats, gloves, scarves, pants, vests, sleepsuits, blankets, duvet & pillowcase sets, taggies, comforters, aprons, oven gloves, bags, teddies with tshirts.

breatheslowly Sat 17-Sep-11 19:04:58

Not keen - there is the theory that children are easier to abduct if they have their name written on them. I also don't like their skull and crossbones motif.

nappyaddict Mon 19-Sep-11 15:42:49

What about babies that are too young to recognise their name though? The abduction theory wouldn't really make any difference in that case.

The same applies for items that you would only use at home like blankets, duvet & pillow case sets, aprons, oven gloves etc and things like underwear that can't be seen by anyone.

breatheslowly Tue 20-Sep-11 00:26:03

Still not really keen on their stuff anyway. And one of them is missing an apostrophe.

nappyaddict Tue 20-Sep-11 09:55:37

Is it their stuff you don't like particularly or is it all personalised stuff?

MinnieBar Tue 20-Sep-11 10:02:57

Sorry, but the idea that paedos are going to snatch your children off the streets because they're in a named top is bonkers. What the actual fuck??!

AuntieMonica Tue 20-Sep-11 10:05:50

I don't like personalised stuff at all. No reason, just think it's naff.

like personalised number plates <shrug>

do you have a special interest in this sort of thing, nappy?

breatheslowly Tue 20-Sep-11 14:56:36

I think that this particular personalised stuff looks a bit naff, but don't really like personalised stuff anyway. I assume this is yours or a friend's business - I think that you may be aiming for a different type of person to me. Things like the "Lil' bro" top is bleurgh.

Minnie - it is a well known idea that it is safer not to print your child's name on their clothing (as I said it is a theory, I don't think that there are paedos lurking around every corner). It is easier for children to be taken by people who can say "Hello Sally, your mummy asked me to take you home today" than if someone attempts it without knowing the child's name.

BelleEnd Tue 20-Sep-11 14:58:33

I really like them!

nappyaddict Wed 21-Sep-11 11:26:57

Nope don't know the person - just came across it. I'm thinking of getting DS a sweatshirt with rainbows, clouds and suns on it. She does other stuff too not just personalised things.

nappyaddict Wed 21-Sep-11 11:28:28

AuntieMonica What about personalised stationary do you think that's naff too? I was thinking of getting some to stop everyone else nicking it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now