Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Clarks Dread

(9 Posts)
RedWelly Fri 26-Aug-11 14:47:14

I really dread going into the local Clarks and after one unpleasant encounter too many have vowed never to go again. To avoid, I'd even measure them myself and order online if I could get a measure! Which shops and /or brands have you found good when getting shoes for your little ones?

carocaro Fri 26-Aug-11 18:16:16

Go to the Clarks in Alnwick, they are LOVELY!

thisisyesterday Fri 26-Aug-11 18:19:24

I go to a variety, but I used to work in our local Clarks, so don't have a problem going there lol
we quite often go to russell and bromley or trotters (in guildford) though because I like start-rite shoes

BikeRunSki Fri 26-Aug-11 18:24:47

Clarks won't deliver to a home address, even if you order on line, they will only deliver them to one of their shops so they can make sure that they are properly "fitted".

Ross52uk Wed 07-Sep-11 15:04:20

I know what you mean, we have started a small business now where we go to schools on certain days to fit shoes, parents seem to like it and we also donate money to the school. Clarks customer service is poor.

Honeydragon Wed 07-Sep-11 15:06:11

I have a cheapy plastic foot guage and measure at home and then order from Clinks/Shoes for kids

notcitrus Wed 07-Sep-11 16:03:48

I cheated by telling my parents how much ds loves shoe shops and needs new shoes, so when they had him for a day he got taken to the shoe shop and returned with a lovely pair of Start-Rites. smile

Though to be fair their local Clarks has some good staff - I got his sandals there for the summer - but the independent shop in the same little mall is excellent.

Start-Rite and Ecco are good for wider feet. Dn wears Geox, mainly from Ebay.

Honeydragon Wed 07-Sep-11 16:08:05

geox devotee here too smile

ThePathanKhansWoman Thu 13-Oct-11 21:09:03

Garvalin, Primigi. Agatha Ruiz, Step2london, Buckle my shoe, Camper, Angulus.

I hate Clarks over-priced crap IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now